Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ground Hog Heaven

Crow Woman

Got bored last night when I was supposed to be resting and decided to camo up and head for the hills on my four wheeler. It hasn't been ridden in awhile. I sat up half way parked in the hedge row and setting on my seat and a ground hog came out 72 yards from me, so I popped him right in front of his hole. Another maybe 5 minutes passed and another comes out of the same hole, again, I laid him down beside his buddy. Well, needless to say, this went on for quite awhile. Six groundhogs out of the same hole, some piled on top of the others and I was out of amno. I started my four wheeler up and here comes another one peeking out standing on top of the dead ones. I guess I'd better go get a box of shells today...
biggrin.gif

Three came out to the other side of me and I just shooed them away with my hand. They didn't have a background behind them and it would have been directly in line with the farm. The coyotes will be eating good today
wink.gif

Crow Woman

Anyone want to come have target practice... lol

Almost all the groundhogs in this area have been killed out.At one time everyone was keeping there deer rifle in practice during the off season with G-hogs.Nowadays you have to drive to Monroe county or further to kill one.Even then, the locals usually have it already sewed up with the farmers.

Being my deer rifle is my turkey rifle is my bear rifle is my coyote rifle is my fox rifle is my groundhog rifle... yup
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It keeps in good use
wink.gif

The holes up here are telling me it's getting out of hand and then when 7 poke out of one hole out of a 270 acre farm, well, that's pretty bad. I'd say, it's clean up time.

Come on up Seldom, I'm sure, I'll save ya some!

Crow Woman
grouphug.gif

I might take you up on that,next year.It wouldn't be too far a drive ? How far are you from the Penn/WV border ?

If I remember correctly 5 to 6 hours. I have plenty of beds available if you want to bring along the family for a weekend of barbqueing and hunting! Not barbque the family
biggrin.gif
Well, you know what I mean
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Crow Woman

I know what you mean, we can't taste that good anyhow,ol' gristled up backwoods mountain meat wouldn't BBQ well.

I'll tell you what,I'll bet me and 2 or 3 grandsons could make it up there next summer,maybe.My wife has this thing called Agoraphobia{sp} and as a result she doesn't travel much.

For her it's not a problem of going somewhere,it's the getting there that works her nerves.Especially if it's in a northerly direction and the route is sparsely populated.

Works out for me real well,I get to use all my vacation to hunt.Next year she wants to go to Florida to visit her brothers and sisters,we'll see if it comes to pass.

All your vacation to hunt... that's cool!

I was just out for a ride and I was going to groundhog some more where I was last night but I got caught in one heck of a down pour. Anyway, do you know, those coyotes cleaned up every single one of those last night sometime! And they left their calling card... a pile of, well you know... I'll get even

I dumped three on the way up in a different field tonight before the rain hit. Maybe the rain gods will rest tonight and I can be up early A.M.

Crow Woman
rolleyes.gif

Next year if I get to come up,I'll bring the Cooper with me
biggrin.gif

You had better Seldom! I want to see this thing!

uhmm... Am I allowed to drool over it
biggrin.gif

Crow Woman

p.s. you by any chance didn't happen to get a two for one deal, did ya ole buddy
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I'm thinking Bushnell firefly or something similiar,in stainless matte of course!

Oh,I'll enjoy it.If I could've,I'd have gotten it in a synthetic stock.I am more interested in it's shooting abilities than it's looks.They are mighty fine guns.

Later today,if I can russle one up,I'll e-mail you a family pic so you can see the whole gang.

I'm waiting for that family pic Seldom
smile.gif

I would much rather have a wooden stock over a synthetic stock anyday. Just my opionion though.

Crow Woman

I've spent a lot of years duck hunting in extremely bad weather,just developed a thing for synthetic stocks I guess.

Crow Woman,

Congrats on the killing spree
smile.gif

I sure hope you weren't sitting on that 4 wheeler when you were killing chucks.

So far this season (started 12 days ago) I have managed to send 17 chucks to see their maker. We had a real good night a couple of days ago, managed to kill 5 of them in one hour from 78 yards to 380 yards.

As to this wood stock thing,,,,isn't wood what is burned in a fireplace to keep warm in the winter?
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Hope you like PURPLE, this is my woodchuck rifle.

cheetaright.jpg

cheetaleft.jpg

I am up near Erie, where abouts is Covington, PA?

Later

Don
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-13-2003 12:33: Message edited by: Shaky ]</font>

Shaky gotta luv that purple
wink.gif

I happen to have a real slick bypod that I snap on. I do however use my four wheeler for the greatest back rest anybody ever came up with
biggrin.gif

My daughter use to live in Erie, I am exactly 3 hours and 52 minutes due east at 70mph
smile.gif

I'm headed back up here in a couple hours and dance between the rain drops
biggrin.gif

Crow Woman

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back