Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Grizzly bear is almost finished!!

6mm Remington

I'm pretty excited. My grizzly bear rug is almost finished!

I wrote up my story and sent it along with photographs to Western Hunter Magazine. I was hoping it might get published so I could share the fantastic adventure I had last fall up in Alaska, and as a way as silly as it sounds to honor the wonderful old grizzly bear I got. I found out a little while ago that they are going to run it in fact and my magazine JUST showed up in the mail today. August 25th was the first day of grizzly bear season where I was hunting. August 26th is the day I shot my bear. Just about one year to the day later and I get this in the mail. It made my day!

Yeah I started crying again............as I was reading the story. I was so blessed to be able to take this trip and to get such a fabulous old bear. I feel so fortunate to have been able to do this dream that I have had for years. I also got really sad again that I was not able to share this with my father as he passed away in 2012. I hope he got to see that I had a dream come true that he made me promise I would do. Either that or some more grit got in my eye again darn it.

Congratulations. Seeing your words and pictures in print really is gratifying. If you can take a copy to the local frame shop and have them frame the story pages. (might take 2 copies if you have back to back pages).

David, congrats I just read the article! An adventure of a lifetime!

I wrote up my story and sent it along with photographs to Western Hunter Magazine. I was hoping it might get published so I could share the fantastic adventure I had last fall up in Alaska, and as a way as silly as it sounds to honor the wonderful old grizzly bear I got. I found out a little while ago that they are going to run it in fact and my magazine JUST showed up in the mail today. August 25th was the first day of grizzly bear season where I was hunting. August 26th is the day I shot my bear. Just about one year to the day later and I get this in the mail. It made my day!

Yeah I started crying again............as I was reading the story. I was so blessed to be able to take this trip and to get such a fabulous old bear. I feel so fortunate to have been able to do this dream that I have had for years. I also got really sad again that I was not able to share this with my father as he passed away in 2012. I hope he got to see that I had a dream come true that he made me promise I would do. Either that or some more grit got in my eye again darn it.
I will be looking for the magazine the next trip to town. I'm sure that your father had the best seat in the house and watched the whole hunt.

congratulations

Congratulations. Seeing your words and pictures in print really is gratifying. If you can take a copy to the local frame shop and have them frame the story pages. (might take 2 copies if you have back to back pages).
I'm planning on doing something exactly like that so I have it special. Hang it in my reloading room.

David, congrats I just read the article! An adventure of a lifetime!
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. It was pretty special. One thing that I thought was cool was that my guide was born in Alaska in 1959 when it was a U.S. Territory. Those folks who were born before it became a state, they allow them the honor of displaying that on their driver's license. His has his address and information and instead of State of Alaska, it lists it as the Alaska Territory. Pretty cool.

Back