Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Grey Wolves Spotted in NW Colorado

My elk preference points (and lofty CO dreams) are all of a sudden feeling like a bigger waste of time than ever before.... imagine the creep if/when multiple packs become established and the elk herd takes a dive and NR quota is gutted or eliminated. it takes 25+ now but will soon take 40 to draw and will probably be 25% (or less) of the elk herd it used to have... Depressing.

My elk preference points (and lofty CO dreams) are all of a sudden feeling like a bigger waste of time than ever before.... imagine the creep if/when multiple packs become established and the elk herd takes a dive and NR quota is gutted or eliminated. it takes 25+ now but will soon take 40 to draw and will probably be 25% (or less) of the elk herd it used to have... Depressing.

Might be good time for folks to set their eyes on units other than 1,2, 10, 201 lol

If the wolves get out of hand they can make them a legal big game to hunt. I don't think the DOW will let the elk be killed off.

If the wolves get out of hand they can make them a legal big game to hunt. I don't think the DOW will let the elk be killed off.

The problem will be the delay between when wolves need to be killed and the litigation is completed. By that time things will be drastically different. And that’s if the ballet box biology doesn’t get passed. If that passes we will really be in for it.

That work group concluded forced wolf re-introduction would not be good for CO.
This advanced the plight to enhance another direction... build funds from city dwelling naive "wolves are cute" people (NY to LA) and the financial boom to catapult the forced - forced reintroduction. Rocky Mountain Wolf Project care of Patagonia (Your clothing $ at work) Actionworks, Center For Biological Diversity, Defenders of Wildlife, Sierra Club, etc.

One way or the other... If the answer is not to their liking, national funding booms their force upon an individual state.

Back