Great Saturday night!

Calif. Hunter

I helped put on a Friends of the NRA event on Saturday, and won a nice Smith & Wesson 629 .44 mag. It has the NRA gold seal on the right sideplate, which I could do without, but since I did not currently have a .44 mag DA revolver, it was a nice addition to the stable.

Remember - I'm in California - I don't get the gun for 10 days, even though I have a CCW issued by my County Sheriff!

You gotta be kiddin' us Cali. Is it really that messed up there? Does this apply only to handguns, or all firearms? Are there any state laws on gunshow sales or private party sales?

You gotta be kiddin' us Cali. Is it really that messed up there? Does this apply only to handguns, or all firearms? Are there any state laws on gunshow sales or private party sales?

It is that bad, I had to wait the 10 days to pick up a .22 and now have to wait another 10 for the new shotgun because the manufacturer sent them 2 weeks apart.

Gun show sales and private party sales technically have to go through a dealer. Handguns in particular. Many, especially long guns, do not. With new legislation looming making it a criminal act to not report a firearm stolen and then have it involved in a crime, they will drive most sales through dealers and thus through the registration process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back