Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

GPS question

mitchparker6

Looking into a GPS system. Wondering what hand held units are pretty decent units to get? I'm guessing garmin handheld units. Also I'm doing an antelope here in sd and the unit we drew has some land locked public that we would like to hunt and in sd you can walk private section lines to access public ground. I think it is 33 ft on either side of a section line, I may be wrong but will call game warden on that one. So I would like to know how accurate most GPS systems are? If they can keep me within that distance without trespassing? Or if I could just use my Samsung galaxy s6 with on x maps and keep me on the section lines? Plan on calling to figure out coordinates for the section lines we plan to walk btw, so we can walk as straight a line as possible. Thanks for any help guys.

If you search the forum, yoi can find many opinions in this.

Ive used the onx app on my Note8 going u to second season. Save the money and get an Inreach mini.

I use both my phone, Galaxy 8, and a garmin etrex 20. For the accuracy, there is an option to recruit more satellites to help with your position. Usually it will display the accuracy for example it could say within 100 feet or 10 feet. I would use the sd gfp app to help on your hunt! Good luck.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back