MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Gov Land Grab

DaveHawk

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Stop the theft of your public lands

It does matter who governs…one of the biggest supporters of the new administration is the Environmental Lobby. The Public Land Grab will proliferate under this group. Unfortunately, it will not be for “public” recreational use as we know it. If you think Tennessee has been bad about allowing OHV trails, can you imagine big government pushing an even worse agenda?

I am a firm believer that every person in this country needs to take an active role in being a “citizen”. Every voice does count!

Dear Iva-Michelle,

I know you are concerned about closures of our public lands. The Omnibus Land Act of 2008 is a massive land grab bill that will lock up millions of additional acres of public land, close thousands of miles of recreation trails, harm already struggling rural economies, further reduce renewable resource harvesting, be detrimental to forest health by eliminating all forest management, restrict property rights and hamstring energy exploration in the United States.

If there were awards for bad legislation this bill might take first, second & third, but unless more people speak up it is likely to pass. Please take two minutes to submit a pre drafted letter to legislators opposing this bill by cut and paste the link below.

http://72.167.145.231/savethetrails/Default.aspx?PetitionID=31

Please share this email with your lists and post it on blogs

~Thanks your friends at www.SaveTheTrails.us

Subtitle A--National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Discount
Sec. 601. National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass for eligible individuals.

Seeing we have a party who wishes to take away our guns and right to hunt I think this section says it all.

I also wanted to add; do you know who the autabond Club is, do you know they are one of the largest non profeit ANYI hunting Org's there is and did you know they are also one of the main sponser of this bill.
So go ahead and listen to cj he's dose not get a rat's back side about any of you and weather or not you have land to hunt on.

I didn't read the whole bill/petition, but the page with the link has this statement "The bill would create over 100 new Wilderness Areas". I, for one, support more wilderness. Mainly because it would get rid of ATVs and make people hike to get their animals. :D

Problem is who land are they going to grab? The parks in Va forinstance are State parks which are open to hunting. If made a wilderness no hunting will allowed.

Oh, now that's weird. I haven't heard of that before (not saying much), but when I think of wilderness, I think of non-mechanized access yet allowing hunting, fishing, etc.

Subtitle A--National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Discount
Sec. 601. National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass for eligible individuals.

Seeing we have a party who wishes to take away our guns and right to hunt I think this section says it all.

This section refers to giving discout passes to veterans. Why are you against giving veterans discounted passes??

I also wanted to add; do you know who the autabond Club is, do you know they are one of the largest non profeit ANYI hunting Org's there is and did you know they are also one of the main sponser of this bill.
So go ahead and listen to cj he's dose not get a rat's back side about any of you and weather or not you have land to hunt on.

Nope, never heard of the autabond Club. Googled them and couldn't find anything. Since when can a senate bill be sponsored by a non profeit ANYI hunting Org? I thought they had to be sponsored by a senator.

Problem is who land are they going to grab? The parks in Va forinstance are State parks which are open to hunting. If made a wilderness no hunting will allowed.

Can you show me exactly where it says that hunting will no longer be allowed because it will be wilderness? Do you know what the U.S. Code says regarding fish and wildlife management in wilderness areas? Here you go:

16 U.S.C. 1133 (d)(7): State jurisdiction of wildlife and fish in national forests
Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as affecting the jurisdiction or responsibilities of the several States with respect to wildlife and fish in the national forests.

Oak, honest question - Do you think that this type of legislation (I assume we're talking about S 3213) is a good thing or bad thing?

I personally think it is a bad thing. There are good parts to the bill (i.e., Titles III-VI), but IMO they should be debated on their own merit rather than shoved down our throats in an all-or-nothing fashion.

There are good parts to the bill (i.e., Titles III-VI), but IMO they should be debated on their own merit rather than shoved down our throats in an all-or-nothing fashion.

I agree. They should be debated on their own merits. I don't like seeing these all-inclusive bills either.

I don't think DaveHawk is debating the bill on its merits, though. He's making up 100% BS to scare people into opposing the bill. He hasn't made one truthful statement in his opposition to the bill yet.

Yes, DaveHawk and mdcrossbow need to read the words and stop using scary pictures for learning tools.

Looks like the bill might be dead for the year after Coburn's (R-OK) filibuster threat on Friday.

Not saying it is the same but here in Canada a Provincial or Federal park is No hunting, no motorized vehicles off the main roads, no harvesting, nothing other than huging a tree. It almost acts as a reserve were nothing other than walking is allowed but leave your weapon at home. The animals are protected as well.

Is that what they are refering to in this bill????

Back