Got Some Geese

BigBuxMT

Well I finally made it out this year and it was definately worth it. I hunted this field a few years ago and couldn't wait till it was back to corn. My buddy, little bro, and I was set up and laying in our blind (corn stalks thrown over us laying on the ground) a little before shooting time. The first group of about 15 came in and landed about 50 yards from my buddy. I guess he figured they'd make good decoys. I started laughing when they walked up within 20 yards of him. A couple minutes later another small group of about 10 came in right on top of me. I wasn't gonna let them land though, I knocked two down and my little bro knocked 1 down and my buddy knocked two out of the first group that landed. Well to make a long story short we ended up getting 12, our limit, in about 45 min. It was fun, but it didn't last very long. We decided to see how many we could get to land and take pictures of. We had a lot of them about 10 foot above our heads, it was hard not to shoot so we snapped a few pics and headed out to clean the birds. Here's a few pics from my buddy's camera so enjoy.

Attachments

• Fly by resized.jpg
    Fly by resized.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Jerad, JonE., and I resized.jpg
    Jerad, JonE., and I resized.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Jerad, JonE., and I 2 resized.jpg
    Jerad, JonE., and I 2 resized.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Jerad and I resized.jpg
    Jerad and I resized.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 136
  • JonE. and I resized.jpg
    JonE. and I resized.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 137
mtmiller-yeah, I had to work opening day but made it out Monday. Too much snow where I normally hunt, walked about 3-4 miles through knee deep snow, talk about a workout. Had a shot at a 155-160 class buck and passed for now.

I got some picks I'll post later.

Back