Got snow?

Duck-Slayer

Not used to this since moving to SW Idaho. Hop ring I left it all in NE Montana..... fingers crossed 🤞🏻 it melts today.
Matt

Attachments

• DACAACEF-FA4F-44E5-9696-127E649C7793.jpeg
    DACAACEF-FA4F-44E5-9696-127E649C7793.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 22
  • B30B7F98-265F-46F5-A5F3-5FF21EF84267.jpeg
    B30B7F98-265F-46F5-A5F3-5FF21EF84267.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 70649764-78BF-4D70-B69F-F165ECEF3408.jpeg
    70649764-78BF-4D70-B69F-F165ECEF3408.jpeg
    775.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 9DEB4F72-920F-4D4A-8ADB-B5C854A2252B.jpeg
    9DEB4F72-920F-4D4A-8ADB-B5C854A2252B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
We had something they call a Bomb Cyclone move in last night. That’s when the barometric pressure drops real fast rapidly intensifying a storm. The local news people always get real exited with any weather and pretty much always take the “WE’RE ALL GUNNA DIE” attitude so you can imagine how they reacted to something Called a BOMB CYCLONE. Well we did get 100 mph winds on the coast and maybe 60 mph inland but that happens three or four times a year anyway. They got a good inch of rain on the coast which is pretty pathetic for a Pacific Northwest winter storm. Snow levels were low with decent accumulations but it is almost December. The barometric pressure dropped to 29.1mb which is impressive and the wind did blow the rest of the leaves out of my maple tree but other than that, not too exciting. We are stuck in the misery zone right now. That's area just below the snow line where it can’t make up its mind whether to rain or snow or do both at the same time. Worse yet where it snows five or six inches then warms up just enough to rain bringing out the Whamp Bats. You know, those big globs of snow that fly out of the trees, named for the sound they make when they hit the ground. Whamp! Kind of strange if you think about it. If your close enough to hear what they sound like they never do hit the ground. They always hit the top of your head, unless off course you don’t have a hood up then they hit the back of your neck. I guess “AUGH-DAMMIT!-BRRRR BATS” was just too long a name.

Close to 2 feet at my house. I welcome the moisture. Had the day off of work due to the weather so I was able to get some work done around the house. If it had been a foot instead of 2 I would have gone skiing :)

wth Matt, we got nothing in south meridian. Just a bunch of wind, and maybe some flakes. Not even enough to melt off the truck windshield.

I've spent the last 3 days clearing snow at work and at home. Now we're looking to get another round of snow and wind this weekend in SE Wyo to add to the foot or so we already got. If the wind gets bad, it's gonna get ugly.

Dusting at my house.

Shoot Matt, usually we get our first snow quite a bit sooner than 11/26. October and November are still both below the normal
avg precip.

Beautiful pics! Anyone want to trade weather for about 72 hours?! It’s beautiful here today but It’ll be in the low 70’s Friday and Saturday and raining. Not what I had in mind for my long holiday weekend of bowhunting. Me and my bride occasionally talk about traveling to some far away snowy land for Thanksgiving or Christmas but until we actually do it I guess I’ll just stay here swatting mosquitoes! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We had something they call a Bomb Cyclone move in last night. That’s when the barometric pressure drops real fast rapidly intensifying a storm. The local news people always get real exited with any weather and pretty much always take the “WE’RE ALL GUNNA DIE” attitude so you can imagine how they reacted to something Called a BOMB CYCLONE. Well we did get 100 mph winds on the coast and maybe 60 mph inland but that happens three or four times a year anyway. They got a good inch of rain on the coast which is pretty pathetic for a Pacific Northwest winter storm. Snow levels were low with decent accumulations but it is almost December. The barometric pressure dropped to 29.1mb which is impressive and the wind did blow the rest of the leaves out of my maple tree but other than that, not too exciting. We are stuck in the misery zone right now. That's area just below the snow line where it can’t make up its mind whether to rain or snow or do both at the same time. Worse yet where it snows five or six inches then warms up just enough to rain bringing out the Whamp Bats. You know, those big globs of snow that fly out of the trees, named for the sound they make when they hit the ground. Whamp! Kind of strange if you think about it. If your close enough to hear what they sound like they never do hit the ground. They always hit the top of your head, unless off course you don’t have a hood up then they hit the back of your neck. I guess “AUGH-DAMMIT!-BRRRR BATS” was just too long a name.
Colorado had one in March of this year. Set a new low on the baro pressure scale. Had sustained 50+ mph winds for 24+ hours. Not fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back