PEAX Equipment

Got a two fer on whitetail bucks Sat. morning

DRS

I was lucky enough to be in the right place in the right time at daylight Sat. morning when these two bucks were facing off on a power line right of way. I saw the 1st buck come out of the woods on the right side at about 150 yds. with his ears laid back looking like he was about to kick butt. I had to about holler to get him to stop and then put a 180 grn. accubond out of my 300 H&H right behind his shoulder. After the shot I was watching him through the scope to mark where he went down and as he piled up after about 30yds. I saw the 2nd buck trot out into the power line from the overgrowth on other side of the power line. He ran up to within 30 yds, of the dead buck and stopped looking at the dead buck and I worked the bolt and shot him. I wasn't sure where he went because he was in some tall grass but when I got down and looked I found he had also only ran about 30 yds. The whole deal was over in about 20 seconds. This was 1st time I had a chance to hunt here in NC due to my elk trip to WY in October and family commitments since that time. Never though I would fill both my buck tags in the first 30 min. I hunted this fall.

IMG_1735.JPGIMG_1737.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back