GOT 2 TAGS this year!!!

Congrats schmalts
cool.gif
Is it for two different dates or areas?

I know a couple others from your state that didnt even get one!
eek.gif
Why I am glad that the state I live in is over the counter. I know I am hunting turkeys every year.
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the tags
wink.gif

I am still amazed that some of the folk on this board have to draw tags for animals to hunt. I guess living here, I don't realize what its like in other states. We just buy a license and go kill
biggrin.gif

BTW...I just realized I have an app laying here for a extra Turkey I need to fill out and send in
elkgrin.gif

elkgrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-29-2003 08:40: Message edited by: FLIPPER ]</font>

Attaway Schmalts!
Are you allowed 1 per day or could you whack a pair if they come in?
2 tags equals twice as many opportunities to hyperventilate, make mistakes, learn from the mistakes, listen to the woods wake up, and see the fear in the eyes of a tom just prior to putting the wood to him!
Good luck and be safe.
WD

we have to apply for a hunt unit, like elk in most states. Those units statewide have six different 5day seasons that you can put your choices in for. the hunts run wendsday to sunday and then give the birds a break. The seasons start in the beginning of April and the last one is in late May. I drew the 4th and 5th season so thats cool because i can hunt 2 different weekends. I have freinds that drew other seasons so i can call and video for them too. I took a guy from work out last year for his first hunt and we got a freak 6" of snow. He didnt get any action, in fact we bumped birds out of the roost still at 10am!
You southern boys are blessed with lots of land and few hunters so you can kill multiple birds with a long season. Wish i could...

I thinks me is going to try and take at least one with the bow again. Its been a few years since i did that.

Way to go Schmalts,

Last year I killed the grand slam in state,3 shots 3 birds 3 diffrent subspiecies.
1 Merriams, 1 Eastern and 1 Rio Grand all of the male perswaition. 1 gobbler and 2 jakes.
Now this year we can only kill 2 birds in Idaho,,, what a crock !!!

Go get'em
Dic

Boy do I feel spoiled now... We get a tag with our small games license, then, we can purchase two more at $18.00 a pop... one of em' has to be an eastern though. Nice having 3 of the subspecies in one state!

i thought we had it good with easterns and osceolas i had no idea that some states had 3.all we need is a turkey stamp, we can take 2 per season but we dont check them or tag them so its sort of the honor system

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back