Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Nothing like bringing a 1 month old full size up a jeep trail..
-buff job ~$200
-new tire $405
-running boards carved out
-no sheep spotted “priceless”
😂
Haha I did hear a rumor that someone rolled the tire off their rim about 5 miles past where they should have parked it. 😬

Well guys,
after 100+ miles, 30k ft of climbing and 12 days experiencing some of the remotest sections of the Beartooth’s, this Alaskan has a newfound respect for you guys that have spent years in there. Did not spot a single ram. Loved every minute of it.

Was way more crowded in there this year than I have ever seen it in 22 years I have been messing around in there. I decided 5-6 years ago I would never drive my truck up that road again. After the damage to the road from the flooding 2 springs ago I can’t believe anyone got a stock pickup up there. I was shocked to see several there that still looked functional although their paint sure took a beating. Even with all that pressure I managed to come out heavy again, but it’s not my story or pictures to share so…only the dead ram knows.

Was way more crowded in there this year than I have ever seen it in 22 years I have been messing around in there. I decided 5-6 years ago I would never drive my truck up that road again. After the damage to the road from the flooding 2 springs ago I can’t believe anyone got a stock pickup up there. I was shocked to see several there that still looked functional although their paint sure took a beating. Even with all that pressure I managed to come out heavy again, but it’s not my story or pictures to share so…only the dead ram knows.
Congrats to the lucky hunter!

My partner and I flew in from AK and bought a used white Toyota Tacoma that was lifted and set up for off-roading, with the intention of driving up “that” road… when we picked it up in Bozeman, it had California plates on it! 🤦🏻‍♂️. Needless to say, we removed the plates before parking way up there haha!

Might be a few of “those roads” being referenced here. I would love to see a Subaru try 😉 One would think ground clearance would be a serious issue. I haven’t seen all the units and there special roads yet 🤷‍♂️

Theat, you tease.

FYI, anyone considering going up "that road" in 500, another bridge washed out further down the canyon. We where able to make it out over the bridge last night, which was sketchy AF, but we didn't die.
Custer/Gallatin NF is saying the road is closed this morning.
View attachment 293517
I stopped and looked at that bridge when we crossed it a couple days ago. Mentioned to my buddy that it looked like it wouldn't make it past another spring or two. I guess my estimate was off by a spring or two.

Last edited:
My partner and I flew in from AK and bought a used white Toyota Tacoma that was lifted and set up for off-roading, with the intention of driving up “that” road… when we picked it up in Bozeman, it had California plates on it! 🤦🏻‍♂️. Needless to say, we removed the plates before parking way up there haha!

That was the appropriate response!

Anyone have waypoints for the canteen back there that sells snacks and cold beer?
Sorry, you must stock up with snacks from the last convenience store on the way in. I hear that EYJONAS suggests sausages for their sustaining protein boost, Johnsonville I think, but you might want to confirm the brand and "Best By" date recommendation with him.

Got to appreciate the consistency of FWPs tech department. For the first part of the season you could barely understand what the guy was saying on the Sheep Status phone recording and now the Bighorn Sheep Harvest Quota Status page on the FWP website has been down for a few days.

Got to appreciate the consistency of FWPs tech department. For the first part of the season you could barely understand what the guy was saying on the Sheep Status phone recording and now the Bighorn Sheep Harvest Quota Status page on the FWP website has been down for a few days.
Not even a picture of the ram without hunter?🤷‍♀️😫

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back