Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Assuming the KOA comment was mostly a joke but on a serious note, be safe out there.

Be prepared for whatever is thrown your way. Deep snow on opening day, rain, winds to blow your tent down or away, grizzlies, rockslides, and much more.

Fatalities do happen in the beartooths.

Best of luck to you out there.
Silt and mud have been my downfall this year. Nothing like sinking up to your waist with a heavy pack. Good Ole Montana quick sand.

Never been in it, but I think this is what your looking for.

I was just joshing on the KOA comment. But I did buy a fridge magnet at that place while driving over the pass years back.

Assuming the KOA comment was mostly a joke but on a serious note, be safe out there.

Be prepared for whatever is thrown your way. Deep snow on opening day, rain, winds to blow your tent down or away, grizzlies, rockslides, and much more.

Fatalities do happen in the beartooths.

Best of luck to you out there.
Yes of course a joke on KOA. Thanks

I have advocated for the continuation of Montana's UL sheep hunts simply because I want any dedicated hunter of average means to have the opportunity to hunt sheep somewhere sometime. I had the opportunity to trad bowhunt sheep in Idaho, MT, Colorado and WY over the years just because I applied back when there was a reasonable chance to draw. Every time I was so grateful for the opportunity and when on each hunt, felt so fortuntate and hoped everybody could have their oppportunity sometime as well. There is nothing like being up there hiking, camping and glassing knowing the chance might be right around the next boulder. Best of luck for those willing to chase their dreams.

Attachments

• Bighorn Ram.jpg
    Bighorn Ram.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 110
I have advocated for the continuation of Montana's UL sheep hunts simply because I want any dedicated hunter of average means to have the opportunity to hunt sheep somewhere sometime. I had the opportunity to trad bowhunt sheep in Idaho, MT, Colorado and WY over the years just because I applied back when there was a reasonable chance to draw. Every time I was so grateful for the opportunity and when on each hunt, felt so fortuntate and hoped everybody could have their oppportunity sometime as well. There is nothing like being up there hiking, camping and glassing knowing the chance might be right around the next boulder. Best of luck for those willing to chase their dreams.
Nice Ram!!!! What was your bow, arrows and broadhead combo? Looks like it worked great, congrats.

Snuck in this last week for a 30 hour scouting trip for next year and it did not disappoint 24 sheep 3 legal rams, 3 banana heads, and 18 ewes and lambs. Also saw 5 goats, 50 elk, 4 mule deer. animals were looking good!

Attachments

• IMG_6003.jpeg
    IMG_6003.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_6053.png
    IMG_6053.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 163
Sitting this year out of the sheep game but flying to Alaska for most of September looking for that dream Billy. I’ll find out how the quotas are going at the end of the month when I’m back into town. We decided to get back into the Beartooths next year though! Good luck to you men and maybe we’ll meet on the trail next year.

Nice Ram!!!! What was your bow, arrows and broadhead combo? Looks like it worked great, congrats.
Tolke Whip 54# bow, 2216 easton shafts and magnus 2 blade broadhead. Ram was killed in the exact area now covered by the River Road East fire started a couple of days ago. Opening up that mountain with fire should help that sheep herd in the future.

Hopefully lack of posts have been because everyone has been so busy preparing for this years hunt! Just wanted to wish everyone good luck and to be safe out there!
Between lightening on the plateau and running into a Grizz with cubs during scouting, the Tooth's have definitively not disappointed. When I get back I look forward to seeing y'alls pictures and stories from this year!

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back