Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Unfortunately seen this picture a time or two over the years. Lucky he held together that well. I know a guy that did that on a unlimited ram once. Right when he touched his trigger off the ram turned and dropped his head...... no bueno
I think I know who you are talking about with that unlimited ram.

The guy who shot him was actually a taxidermist and he said it would be no problem to fix? He sent me a picture when he got it done and it looked perfect.

That sucks for that guy hopefully the taxidermist fixed his sheep up good for him

Thanks man. Funny story to that goat. First mountain goat ive ever seen drop with one shot! The guy shot him right in the face at about 75 yards :LOL:. I am not part of that crew. I don't want to give to much away until I go but ive found multiple rams in some of these unlimited units. Granted it is usually later in the year around middle of October. But when I go probably won't find anything! Still fun to sheep hunt though. You go one time and you're hooked for life IMO.

I don't know what the rules are about pictures on here but hopefully this one won't get me in trouble. Here is the other side to that goats face.
This reminds me of one of my unlimited hunts years ago. I was sheep hunting, my wife had a deer tag, and a lady and her husband were in the area with a goat tag. One day a barrage of shots came from the other side of the ridge, and I figured it was them. A little while later I spotted them struggling to get a goat off the mountain and looked like they could use some help. The only connecting shot of at least 10 rounds fired, went through one eye and out the other, completely severing the horns from the skull.

It became obvious they were very green to hunting and in over there head, so I skinned and quartered it for them, which they appreciated very much. They owned a restaurant in Cooke at the time and my wife and I were treated to lunch there when we finally packed out.

Best of luck to you in your up coming unlimited hunts, and looking forward to hearing some stories from you. Its neat country around there and sounds like you know it pretty well!

Dang that stinks hopefully they got their goat fixed! Isn't it funny seems like most the people ive had the pleasure hunting with that draw goat and sheep tags are first time appliers or someone who doesn't have any real mountain experience. Which I guess is expected not everyone gets to be in the high country every year. I Love seeing people accomplish what for most is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Im sure ill be 60 by the time I draw a goat or sheep tag!

@BigHornRam Did you end up getting your unlimited ram?

No unlimited ram for me yet. That particular year I drew an Idaho sheep tag and really wasn't even planning to use my unlimited tag. It was only a couple days after 9-11, and my wife and I decided on short notice to bugout to the beartooths. Turned out to be a fun escape from what was going on at that time.

The couple in the above story decided they wanted to make a rug out of the goat hide, so the taxidermy work was minimal.:)

How does the Unlimited work exactly? When you apply do you have to specify the unit you are gonna hunt or do you get the unlimited tag and can hunt any of the units? And you do have to apply right? You cant get it OTC?

You can buy it OTC before the draw deadline or ‘apply’. Applying let’s you put off paying the license fee until summer but will cost another $50 overall for the app fee

You must pick a unit.

District specific applications due may 1 you cannot get in the game if you miss the draw. It's a guaranteed tag once the results are posted typically mid June you have until August 8th to purchase the actual tag which are only available from Fwp. Not a second party license provider.

Ok guys dumb question here and to preface im old 56 lol and dont do much online or computers
But I love reading about the unlimted unit hunts from you guys
what the heck are trolls in this thread you guys talk about

Dude Just sent you a message 2 days ago and then you post my picture online not cool at all Lmao
thanks kinda figured

Whew dgc1963! I would have stuck my foot in mouth again had I logged onto the forum between 0507 and 0520 this morning for sure, because I was already thinking about asking EYJONAS! if that is an old picture, or is he still living in his mom's basement. Glad I saw your comment before I committed that faux pas!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back