Good morning

Just wanting to wich everyone a good morning, CW, SE, Moosie, Doug, Sly, Varmit Hunter.

Hey ELKCHSR have not seen you around the last few days. I have seen where ya'll have some fires out west. When you are fighting them becareful.

Third week of oct is the plan for some kind of pred hunting trip. Any ideas where in pa. ya'll want to go

Ronnie and Dick I hope you two are feeling well.

Good Morning To You Too
wink.gif

Well ya know, my place is always an open invitation to hunt
smile.gif
Just keep me posted!

Have a good one today. I'll be working for a few hours this morning but other than that, I should have plenty of cool air and lots of sunshine to enjoy here.

Yea... It's another pleasure story, like the soldier that came home from Iraq last week. This week it is a long lost relative found after 58 years... I like those stories...
smile.gif

And just a lil story myself was I received a book order from Mass the other day. This man was telling me in a letter how he knew the area well. Then he started to tell me about the farm that he used to spend most of his time on hunting and helping with chores. And he told me that he was related to some Baity's but he doubted that I would know them. Turns out, I know the very bedroom of that very farmhouse on the same farm he lived out happy memories 60+ years ago. Yup, you guessed it, our farm
wink.gif
My mother-in-law immediately wrote him a letter along with myself. Just thought I would share a morning coffee story with ya'll
smile.gif

That is awsome. One of the things I miss most about Pa. is the farm houses. And so many of them are stone. The eastern part where I used to live there was such a big German influnce and old world craftmanship, most of the farm houses are these awsome field stone houses and barns.

The foundations around here for the home is the stone and the first floor of the barn is also the same huge stones. What I love most is the beam work done in the barn... now that's some really kewl stuff. This farm has been a Baity working farm since 1856. I thought it was around 170 years or so old but I was a little off. There is an old stone foundation up on the hill with lilacs all around the place. Just the basement is left. No one seems to know any history of that house or what used to be. It sure would be interesting to know. Good location, cut into the side of a hill with an underground spring not 60 feet from it. They use it here to burn trash now...

I even like seeing the old stone walls. Not too many of them left since people saw there was good money in selling them.

The history of your farm is cool. I know what you mean about the selling of history. They were even selling the stone houses and tearing them down for the stone. The ones I have seen they built modern houses near them and used the stone for walls at the property edge. What a waste and shame.

Lots of history indeed. The workshop used to be across the road and was the Baity One Room Schoolhouse. Up in the hay Mow(sp?) there was a hanging. My father-in-law was sent to the barn when he was young to get his uncle for supper. When he couldn't find him downstairs of the barn he went up to see if he was getting hay, and there his uncle hung from the one beam, dead. I guess he wasn't right in the head for many years and always depressed. And then my father-in-law was working with his dad on a steep hill haying it. He saw his father die that day when the tractor rolled over on him. There is also a story of the swamp over back which no one goes near anymore in this one area. It is said to have quicksand. The story goes of how they lost an entire team of horses in that hole but managed to get the wagon free, one day. Nothing anyone could do but to watch them sink. Oh yea... lots of stories and history
wink.gif

Good Morning to all. Speaking of history in PA.....My mother's ancestors came over from Germany in 1692....two twin brothers, Mennonites. One settled on Lancaster, PA (not sure where that is) and the other settled in Salem, NC, now Winston-Salem, (my Mother's ggggggggrand-daddy.) Both operated water mills.....The name came to be Reichard, but I think it was spelled differently then.

Morning to all. The only rocks we have in this swamp country ae on the rail road tracks. The only hills are are the over passess. We are up to our necks in Alligators though.

Good morning Ronnie. I hope you are felling well today. We have plenty of both rocks and hills here. But I could go for some fried gator tail with that yeller holansias sauce (fer dippen).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back