Good luck A-zone Archery hunters

Brandon270

Good luck to all the brave guys willing to fight the heat this opening weekend! Hope your tags and freezers get filled. Looking forward to opening weekend in August, maybe it'll cool off by then and we will only get up to 95!

Just joined this forum, I went up to central A zone Sept 7, 8, & 9 it was 107° seen some fawns and a couple of does, I heard a fox bark and I got to see a 5 piont bull elk with his 15 or 20 cows. At first I wasn't planning on going to A zone but the order to close our national forest has me thinking they may extend the temporary order beyond the 18th of September. I have a D7 tag and had one for last year too it didn't get used because of the fires and the dry conditions did not change during deer hunting season. Anyone out of Southern or Central Cal thinking about going out of state next year? I am but it would be my first time, I would welcome any ideas or advice

Just joined this forum, I went up to central A zone Sept 7, 8, & 9 it was 107° seen some fawns and a couple of does, I heard a fox bark and I got to see a 5 piont bull elk with his 15 or 20 cows. At first I wasn't planning on going to A zone but the order to close our national forest has me thinking they may extend the temporary order beyond the 18th of September. I have a D7 tag and had one for last year too it didn't get used because of the fires and the dry conditions did not change during deer hunting season. Anyone out of Southern or Central Cal thinking about going out of state next year? I am but it would be my first time, I would welcome any ideas or advice
Your situation is why I always end up hunting alone. Everyone I know who hunts got fed up with how rough it is trying to hunt public land in central CA and now hunt private leases and or go out of state. I can't afford to do that let alone have the time to do it so I just do my best on local public blm.

Best thing to do is find someone in your area that hunts out of state and offer to split costs with them.

I also agree that there's a good chance the forest closures will get extended. I really hope not, A zone has kicked my butt for the 3rd year in a row and I have a D7 tag I'm hoping to finally punch for my first deer.

Good luck!

Last edited:
2/3 so far with my group in A Zone. Hoping to make it 3/3 this weekend and tag out. Missed a chance at two 4X4 who crested the hill before we could set up. I didn't know they made them like that in A zone anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back