Good Glassing units in CO

Tjudeburton

Hey Everyone!

I have hunted CO OTC a few times now for 2nd rifle. I hunted 65 for 7 days one year and 55 for 5 days another year. I focused my energy in the wilderness areas to avoid people.. We had great success in seeing elk... usually about the same time they saw us :LOL:. Both these units are lung busting steep and we struggled to find good areas where you could glass from.

Any suggestions out there on good units that are semi open with good pockets of dark timber to glass?

Thanks!

65 holds some excellent glassing country. Get out of the dark timber and find burns, Quakies, oaks and PJ.

Thanks for the response! We have only focused up on high mesa.. THICK STUFF. But it does hold elk!

55 should have plenty of glassing terrain. I hunt 54 and glassing is the game for sure. It can take some effort to get into the glassing country, however. Google earth should show you good areas to glass.

55 should have plenty of glassing terrain. I hunt 54 and glassing is the game for sure. It can take some effort to get into the glassing country, however. Google earth should show you good areas to glass.
U can glass for days in 55. Not saying u can get to em though!

Have you guys ever hiked up into the fossil ridge wilderness? I'm curious about that area.

Have you guys ever hiked up into the fossil ridge wilderness? I'm curious about that area.
No I haven’t and the reason I didn’t is because it is timbered country w limited glassing in comparison to other areas. The eastern side of fossil has some glassing but I haven’t been in there

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back