Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Good food in Rawlins?

Steelsearchin

Heading to Wyoming in a few weeks and I think we've got most of our bases covered as far as the hunt goes.

We'll be doing 80% of our own cooking, but does anybody have any must-stop or must-avoid food recommendations for that area? None of us are bonafide foodies, but a recommendation for a great bar burger or a must-do Mexican joint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-tom

I'll be following this thread closely, as we'll be in the area as well.

Buck's Sports Grill looks good online, but always good to get recommendations from folks who have eaten there before.

Yeah,lots of fast food choices.I didn't notice any nice resturant when I was there for a night last year.

Watch your speed. I got pulled over for doing 6 over and then harassed for 20 minutes on why I only had a front license plate. In Mo we are only issued 1 plate when you license a truck for towing over 18k. He still tried to write me a ticket even though I gave him my registration that stated only 1 plate was issued. I got my fuel and the heck out of Rawlins. Didnt see a good place to eat driving so fast...

I'll be following this thread closely, as we'll be in the area as well.

Buck's Sports Grill looks good online, but always good to get recommendations from folks who have eaten there before.

I ate there last spring - it's good, pretty standard sports bar fare, interesting/fun crowd and staff.

As many times as I have driven through Rawlins it was the only time I've been 'downtown' - which as a rule is a better scene than the interstate joints.

Su casa is good, so is the lariat for Mexican food. Mike's bar and grill was good when I lived there. Aspen house also had good steaks

Some good spots in Laramie on your way through. Bernie's, Andale Rapido Corona Village. Almanza's for mexican fast food.
Grab a good beer at The LIbrary, or try one downtown at the other breweries.
Good pizza in Laramie also- Grand Ave Pizza corner of Grand and 3rd ST and Wood Fired Pizza at The Alibi on corner of 4th and Garfield, expensive drinks at Alibi but The LIbrary is block away with Pub fare.
17th St Cafe near campus just off Grand is also great breakfast.

Watch your speed. I got pulled over for doing 6 over and then harassed for 20 minutes on why I only had a front license plate....

Yick...we'll be careful. My cousin used to be a cop up in Cody years ago. After a year on the job he was told by his super that he only issued 5% of the tickets that this coworkers were writing. He said, "I give all the kids a warning, and if I catch 'em again they get a ticket. If somebody's blazing through town I write 'em up no questions asked." I'm not sure how long he stayed w/ the position, but it wasn't too long. I never did ask him if it was his choice to leave.

Thanks too Wytex for the Laramie suggestions, we'll have to make a stop on the way in/back!

I've been pulled over driving fast to get home from WY. Cop looked at our antelopes as he walked to my door and asked about the hunting. He gave me a warning and asked that I come back to WY again.

My interaction with cops and WYFG personnel has been great.

I've never had any interaction with the cops in Wyoming. Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever even seen a cop in Wyoming.

My interaction with the game wardens has been great. I stopped at a checkpoint near Cody a couple years ago, and the female warden had lived in my small town in Indiana for a short while. Small world.

...Cop looked at our antelopes as he walked to my door and asked about the hunting. He gave me a warning and asked that I come back to WY again...My interaction with cops and WYFG personnel has been great.

We got pulled over in NoDak years ago and my buddy forgot to tell the cop he had a CPL. It took FOREVER for him to come back w/ his license/registration. When he finally did, my buddy says, "Man, I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you I've got a CPL and a pistol under the seat...is that why it took so long?" Cop says, "Nope, our computer is just slow...this is North Dakota, I'd be worried if you DIDN'T have a gun in your truck!" 17 mph over got him a ticket for $20 with no points, gotta love that state!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back