Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Good Experience With Firearm Warranty and CS

EastTNHunter

Many of you may remember my post about getting a junk BCA AR15 kit in 6.5G, and then getting the runaround and cold shoulder from them on getting the upper fixed. They finally did me right after months of waiting, and it us reliable and accurate, but I’ll be hard pressed to do business with them again. This post is the antithesis of that post, as Palmetto State Armory took good care of me on one of their budget rifles that wasn’t quite right.

Backstory: my 7yo boy is a chip off of the old block. My wife and daughters were going to a concert in Nashville for my older daughter’s 16th birthday, and The Dude was asking me what we could do while they were gone. This being my busiest month of the year at work, I couldn’t take off the day, but I promised that we’d do something fun. I told him if nothing else we would bust rocks (half joking, but honestly he’d have fun busting rocks with a hammer or chopping on logs with a hatchet).

I had gotten a Natchez SS catalog in the mail, which he promptly swiped and thumbed through every day, and he showed his momma pictures of a couple AR kits that he wanted to put together with me “like the Grendel” that we had built together. Well, my wife is a softy and asked what bargain kit we could order (I’ve been wanting a beater camping/boat gun for a while), and I explained to her that Palmetto State Armory had been running some pretty good deals on clrx and blem kits (I already had a stripped lower in the gun safe), so she surprised him and ordered one that came in just a couple of days before they left for the concert. It was cheap, but fit my needs just fine, and we’d both have fun shooting in the backyard “busting rocks.”

The Dude and I assembled it together, and had fun doing it except for one brain fart by daddy in forgetting to install a detent spring before I seated a roll pin. DOH! Anyway, she test functioned smooth so I took it out to the backyard for a test fire. The ejected casings looked terrible (pics attached), and I assumed that the chamber had missed its final polishing step.

I contacted customer service, got an RMA, shipped it in, got a receipt acknowledgement response in a reasonable timeframe, got an acknowledgement of the problem (I was right: chamber needed final polish), got a shipping confirmation, and received my upper back with 5 test-fired casings all within what I thought was a fair timeframe of less than 3 weeks including shipping. What made this even more bearable was the communication from the company and no runaround. I never expected this cheap gun to be a bench rest gun or beauty queen, but I expected it to function reliably. They made sure to make it right with good customer service, and should be commended for such. Got it back today and fired it in the backyard and it ran fine (4 different 2 shot test “groups”). I’ll likely dump a mag later in the week to really test it, but I have no doubt that it’ll run just fine.

Attachments

• 36ED6806-57DC-44D3-8A8B-BE6C8D0C858D.jpeg
    36ED6806-57DC-44D3-8A8B-BE6C8D0C858D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 24616810-7BCD-4781-8D43-BCA78824FF8E.jpeg
    24616810-7BCD-4781-8D43-BCA78824FF8E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Back