Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Good Duck Day

Goose decoys will indeed bring in the ducks. I see that a lot field hunting for honkers. Too bad floating goose deeks are so bulky. Probably too much for a kayak. I use two dozen shell decoys field hunting but have a half dozen platforms to convert some to floaters. That would probably work for him. The shell decoys nest together. A half dozen of those shells and platforms would probably be less bulky than a dozen duck floating decoys.

I think it's great he can keep it simple and still do well. It's how I like to fly.

Goose decoys will indeed bring in the ducks. I see that a lot field hunting for honkers. Too bad floating goose deeks are so bulky. Probably too much for a kayak. I use two dozen shell decoys field hunting but have a half dozen platforms to convert some to floaters. That would probably work for him. The shell decoys nest together. A half dozen of those shells and platforms would probably be less bulky than a dozen duck floating decoys.

I think it's great he can keep it simple and still do well. It's how I like to fly.
If your hunting a shallow enough waters edge some sillehoutes would be.easy to transport and work well along the waters edge.

If your hunting a shallow enough waters edge some sillehoutes would be.easy to transport and work well along the waters edge.
Interesting idea. Pieces of black ABS pipe could make extended stakes for deeper water. The factory platforms for my goose decoys aren't the greatest. Their paint job isn't designed to be in the water constantly so I stopped using them (the platforms attach inside the decoys). I sometimes jump shoot a couple of sloughs near the fields I hunt. Ducks really pile in there in the evening (Canada allows shooting waterfowl half hour after sunset). I think I'll try the pipe idea next year. Thanks!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back