Goin on the wall

Cameron Hunt

Well, here is the first buck. I shot him on the 3rd morning after we bumped some does from the field. One doe ran over the rise and down into a lower field and was snorting. I crept over the rise along the trees to see if there were any more deer with her there. She was to my left with 4 more does and from my right up from the creek came a buck to see what was going on. He was 15' from the fence and looking to my left at the doe. She began to run and just as he turned to hit the fence I dropped him dead. That was his last drink from that creek. He lifted his head one time, and I held steady on him just incase. He then dropped his head and I got to see my prize.

Attachments

• S4020431.jpg
    S4020431.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 360
  • S4020435.jpg
    S4020435.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 355
congrats CH.....what caliber did you beat him with?

Pic

After we got to him I searched for my camera and realized I had left it at camp. So these are the after harvest.
We had an awsome hunt for elk the previous 10 days even though I missed my broadside spike to to a tiny limb that was in the way of my round. Oh well thats hunting.
I saw at least 24 elk that trip, with the spike mishap and a branch bull at 50yrd to close it out. There were enough deer on the second half to choke a guy, mostly doe. I had a shot at a nice 4x4 that was out 200yrds that a Coyote ruined. He came down to the pasture about 9 am after a rain storm and stuck his head in the brush to scrape a little. I was waiting for him to back out or move closer when Mr. Yote came hauling ass after him. Needless to say I never saw him again as we could only hunt that property till Wed. All in all it was a blast to hunt with Kevin and his dad Don. Never a dull moment with those two.
The 4x2 is going on the wall, he will be at the taxi next week. So the new house with my trophy room gets its first Whitetail. I love life! Thanks to all that were there and let us hunt their property.

Hey JB, thanks for the nice reply. I was using a 300 win mag 150gr x bullet by PMC. This is the first time using this bullet, Kevin had gotten 4 or 5 boxes of them and said they were pretty good. I must admit they did little damage, compared with the doe that I shot 04 and 03 using a ballistic tip. I think these did a nice job. Very little damage.

Ya Kirk this buck came off their property. There were tons of does running around and they said that the bucks would show up after dark and be seen once again at first light in the back yard eating apples and such.
No, Don didnt get a buck. I called him friday night and he hadnt seen them around there any more after my shot. He also wanted to get out sat am. before the pass got too much snow on it. I told him that I felt bad he didnt get one. But he said thats how it goes and he was happy that I got mine. He is one heck of a guy.
Have you gone up where we elk hunt? Curious how many are in there now. Kevin said when he was picking up the tent a big 5 or 6 ( i forget) came walking thru camp.

naw i havent gone back up there, i went up the last day. My cousins filled their 3 cow tags but it was more fun watching the trucks and trailers climb that hill that we stopped and talked to on that one evening. It was muddy and those trucks were digging down trying to climb that thing.
Im thinking of heading to packwood area for late blacktail this weekend.

Cameron..they still hunt in California?

Just wondering northern Cal?

But back to your buck Nice deer!... from that 1st pic it looks like you are way up high and in the background tall pines.

Congrats to you and a real nice Whitetail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back