Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Goals for 2005 Gobbler season

Kraven

Just thought I would put down my goals for the upcoming season.Do any of you have goals for this upcoming season.
1.Help get Mark on another bird while he is here with Cameron,and get it on film this time.
2.Help Cameron bag a bird while he is up here.
3.Do some serious scouting for Easterns in Southern Washington.And hunt Easterns atleast one weekend this year if birds are located.
4.Hunt every weekend
5.Hopefully whack atleast one bird this season.And try for the Washington Slam this year,Merriam,Rio and Eastern.
6.And by all means have a hell of alot of fun this season since 3/4 of it will be by myself this year.
Just alittle reminder for myself.
DSC00297.jpg

I hope to find another one in MT, but this time call it in. As for South Dakota, I want to try shooting one with my bow. Hopefully there are a couple stupid ones around.
Here is my SD '04 bird.
SD_turkey.sized.jpg

I'd like to get one, it would be my first. I only hunted a couple days this past year, so I'm going to be a little more serious this year. Maybe get one with my bow even.

i just started hunting turkeys a few years ago and usually dont get to much time as work gets busy for me in the spring.i am still looking for my first gobler but i have some located now so hopefully this will be my year hump

Most of you on here know I'm not exactly the most prolific hunter. I have asked Moosie to take pity on me this year and take me along when he goes turkey hunting. Lo and behold he has decided to take his sanity into his hands and actually do it. :eek:

Anyone have any turkey hunting tips for the clueless newbie? :D

I guess my list of turkey hunting goals is pretty much ... just go. :)

Goals: Fly back to washington and hope that the mighty Kraven has done his homework. Get son his second bird, and then mine and then Kevin's. Heck maybe we can triple this year.. We doubled last year.

Turkey goals...............great thought
1. Try get Emily her second bird.
2. Get Kip on a screaming longbeard.
3. Plant a few more trees for winter mast.
4. Whack a bird with my NWTF Model 94-10 .410
5. Whack a late season bird with stick and string.
6. Help Gem State Banquet break all the records.
Emmys_first_gobbler_with_gun_4_24_04.jpg

PW_GOBBLER2_4_17_04.jpg

WD

Homework yes got to get that done before you get up here nwtfhunter (Cameron).
Hey Wally our Banquet hasnt hit the Golden Gobbler yet but hopefully we will hit it this coming Feb,since we were just a little short last year.What load are you going to try in that .410 by the way?I am curious since my lil niece will be starting hopefully here in the next yr or two either that or Uncle Kraven will be buying a 20 ga.

Id like to have my first two bird year.

Kevin, let me know if you come over here or go to G.D and well see if we can hook up for a hunt. They have everything shut down over here till May 1st

Krave,
The littel gun has a fixed choke that mikes out modified ish. I patterned several loads, from several manufactureres. Seems to digest Federal 1/2 oz
7 1/2's best. The gun is useless beyond 25 yards and I really want a 20 yard (or closer) shot. I wouldn't encourage anybody to use the .410 ( unless you are extremely sick like me) I will not take a shot that could result in a crippled bird. My blind gives me the luxury to be patient enuf to wait for a quality shot opportunity. It's a handsome little thing, think I have a photo in the archives that I'll post.
2003birdand_gun_of_the_year.jpg

2003bird_and_gun_of_the_year_2.jpg

NWTF,
It's bout 5 miles beyond a locked iron gate that I have the key for......................
In Idaho, Clearwater region.
WD

Wally that is a fantastic looking gun congrats on the bird aswell.
From the looks of things Idaho is looking pretty darn good for Turkey Birds I may have to go on a out of state hunt there,looks like for the most part Merriams with a few areas with Rios down South which are probably not huntable as of yet.

Booger of a turkey spring coming up. I won't qualify as a resident yet in South Dakota. Short on time off to go back to ID to hunt.

If all goes right with the house hunting next weekend we'll be owning a home with turkeys and deer in the front yard!

Miller, if you are in the area and have room for a sidekick I'd love to call and/or film for you. It'd make archery a little easier. Keep in touch man.

Walley, You know I grew up in Moscow and ran like a hellion all over that region. I may have been close to where that pic was taken... SSSHHHH dont tell anyone where it is.....lol.. Cameron

Kraven, No goals this year but I'll try to get Mojave out. I probably won't even buy a tag.

Good luck to everyone and their goals !!!!

I'd like to draw a Western Montana turkey tag and hunt here, but if that doesn't work out, I'd like to go back to check out my old turkey hunting spots in Idaho.

I just recived my Wisconsin Spring 2005 turkey permit and have the third week(April 27th-May1st)
1. Scout, Scout and Scout my area
2. Find well known roosting sites, travel routes, and dusting areas etc.
3. Before the season even opens i want to get ready as if it were turkey season, find spots i will will place my Double Bull T-5 blind, clear shooting lanes.
4. Shoot my Renegade bow, every day...And i mean really getting into it, by seting up my DB blind and shooting out my windows to get comfortable with placement.
5. Hidetex....www.Hidetex.com is planning on filming my hunt and when all is said and done i'm hoping to fill my tag agian, 7 yrs and going on 8 in a row. If I bag a bird using the Gobbler Guillotine and its caught on film I'll let you all know... If I dont harvest a bird...oh well the memories and time spent with friends will always be remembered.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back