Glad I “ruined” your hunt. Yes you deserve to die and I hope you burn in hell!

I’m pulling the plug guys.
3 years of tag soup.
I guess that makes me a triple loser and by the laws of America that means I can’t western hunt anymore.
Definitely gonna keep backpacking and hiking tho.
Prob gonna try to trade this sg in on a hyper lite.

98 days till Christmas!!!

Some folks are just A#$H*&^S I Just came back from Co
Climbed up a heck of a rise to get on top of a messa got through the brush and their was 2 tents they came in on horses I walked right up and introduced myself filled my water as we talked got an Idea what direction they would be hunting and told em I would be going the other way even tho its public I always try n be respectful
Bumped into them a few times they were good guys I think when you see someone else on public its best to walk up n chat

Public land sucks, private land sucks. There is no perfect place other than the remote interior of Alaska or the Yukon.

Short of that, to think you won’t run into other hunters and have your own spot, is a fairy tale. When you run into an asshole and have a screaming match, you both leave as assholes.

Leaving quietly is the better part of valor. If yelling suits you, play golf in a public course with losers that can’t golf, or private courses where there are still losers, but they have money…

I drop my pack and walk over to them.
“Y’all the dudes who yelled at me last night?”
“Yeah I was, I was set up on a bear yesterday morning and last night and you ruined both of them!
“this is public land, you’re on a main hiking trail dude. We can to the trailhead and you can see the log of how many people have hiked out here.
We go back and forth. I call him an idiot asshole a few times.
He’s asks if I want to fight.
I thought the Charlie Daniels song “the last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night, especially when there was three of them and only one of me.
So I call him a $*)Q!#@$ idiot and walk offa few steps

We get back into arguing:
“Can you not understand my frustration that you blew out my bear”

I call BS on the whole story, nobody hunts bears on purpose in Colorado...

Let me preface this by saying I have no fing idea how to hunt elk.
I’m trying to learn.
Sorry if I “ruin” anyone else’s experience.

Past couple days have been pretty cool.
Hiked into a hters honey hole and spent a couple nights.
Jumped a nice bull, nearly got trampled by muley fawns and got awoken from a midday nap by a sow with a cub trying to get my backpack full of sausage.
So freaking cool! Got to yell my first “hey bear!” ever!
She ran off and her cub shot to a tree. So awesome.

Anyways, I hike down and get to the bottom of the drainage right next to the main trail and decide I’m gonna hike up the hill a little ways, hide behind a bush and see if the bull I jumped a couple days before come out.
I was hiking on the main trail, admittedly throwing out pointless cow calls and looking like I have no idea what I’m doing when suddenly I hear
“Hey! What the hell are you doing?!!!
Get out of here!!! Get! Out! Of! Here! Now!
Under normal circumstances Dougs Chrondre le’McCafe is a calm, collected guy who’s not looking for any trouble.
But when you’re yelling at me to get off our public lands, especially the main trail, you #*^@#* yourself.
So I give him hell back
“Well boss, there’s still like an hour of shooting light left and you’re yelling like an idiot. You want to know what ruing hunts? Yelling.
We go back and forth.
He informs me that’s a landowner at the other end of the trail and he’s been there 5 days.
Cool bro you and your 3 buddies hiked in 3 miles from your house and camped? Cool story bro. Core af.
I tell him to “have a lovely evening sweetheart”
He tells me
“We’re cross gonna cross each other up here. We’ll talk then”
I walked down to the bottom of the ridge he was on. He never comes down.

Get up this morning, pack up camp, start hiking up the main trail past their spots and start playing he Eddie V solo from beat it on that bugling tube.
I was tapping, playing it behind my head, jumping off of amplifiers...
It worked, I called in his buddy.
His buddy was cool af we shot the shit, exchanged phone numbers and told him to call me if they were gonna be back out because I would let them have the area.
Peace and chicken grease bro.

I start climbing up out of the drainage on the main trail and spot his other buddies a couple hundred yards away because it’s 7am, the sun hasn’t even come over the mountain yet and I’ve absolutely ruined their hunt and there’s absolutely no way any more animals would come out in that spot even though all 4 of us have been walking around in there for 5 days.

I drop my pack and walk over to them.
“Y’all the dudes who yelled at me last night?”
“Yeah I was, I was set up on a bear yesterday morning and last night and you ruined both of them!
“this is public land, you’re on a main hiking trail dude. We can to the trailhead and you can see the log of how many people have hiked out here.
We go back and forth. I call him an idiot asshole a few times.
He’s asks if I want to fight.
I thought the Charlie Daniels song “the last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night, especially when there was three of them and only one of me.
So I call him a $*)Q!#@$ idiot and walk offa few steps

We get back into arguing:
“Can you not understand my frustration that you blew out my bear”

“yes, I understand your frustration, but I don’t understand getting mad and yelling at someone to “get off” OUR public lands. You’re an asshole, completely in the wrong and you’re hunting 200yds from your tent.”

“Peace and love hommies. Keep it low but keep it lit. I’m outa here. call me if you’re coming back out. Party on”

Anyways #*^@#* that guy.
If you see a dumbass flatlander wandering around aimlessly.
Approach him like a human with common sense and courtesy and try to work something out.
I hate super hunters!
This is vacation bro!

View attachment 238569
Always great to see cubs in their element

Well, I guess that’s one good thing about hunting southern California. I rarely see other hunters. Usually don’t even see other hunters at the trailhead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back