Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Giving blood-hiking performance!

JPelkhound

Hi,

I give blood regularly, and I did so a few days before going out hunting.

So I’m climbing the “mountain of death” (I hate it so but you go where the animals are) and 3/4 of the way up I’m just hitting a wall! Not the normal “this sucks why am
I doing this” but just flat bonked and blah.

Of course I made it to the top, all was fine...but maybe giving blood a few days before contributed to impaired performance?

JP

Hi,

So I’m climbing the “mountain of death” (I hate it so but you go where the animals are) and 3/4 of the way up I’m just hitting a wall! Not the normal “this sucks why am

Of course I made it to the top, all was fine...but maybe giving blood a few days before contributed to impaired performance?

JP
That............. or do you stand in front of the mirror and lie to yourself on a daily basis like I do?

Hi,

JP
I donate regularly as well, and I would think that had something to do with it. I always have 24-36 hours with noticeably less energy after.

Your body has to catch back up to make up for the blood you donated. Your body's red blood cells carry the oxygen throughout the body, when you don't have enough "transport" to move the oxygen where it needs to go, your body is less effective at what it normally does. Probably multiplied if you are hunting at higher elevations as well.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back