Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Gila

A-con

Went camping and fishing in New Mexico, no elk tag, and of course, the elk were running around everywhere.

Saw some big ones, but they were not biting. ( I think they got as many small trout as we did.)

Nice pics of my local area A-con!
That big one was probably a Tiger Muskie,looks like the head of one for sure.
There are some decent trout in there ,I catch them with my exclusive Huntington Lake set-up.You know it?

Yup, that was a toad tiger muskie. He looked to be 4 feet long, we saw several others between 30 and 40 inches. Do you know why they stick there heads out of the water ? We saw several go vertical and stick there heads up out of the water as if they were looking at us ?

We caught trout useing everything from trolling blades to castmasters and jointed rapalas.
I'm a Courtright lake guy myself, but once they close the gate, I'll probably hit Huntington this winter.

A-con I heard from a Muskie guy they are looking for water breaking from baitfish....or trying to mimmick a gator,they get over 50" I hear.
I was kinda spoiled with a hot spot below my cabin @ Huntington...if I didn't catch a limit of 20 inchers in 45 min,the fishing was no good. Used to take a bass rod and Rapalas down just in case a big brown showed chasing planters.
Walk out the back and into the wilderness.
I do that pretty much here now,but I'm usually trolling the landscape for elk and deer....
Give me a buzz if you make it back this way,Hank

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back