Ghost ring

Aussie_hunter_JD

Curious if anyone is running one? Tempted to throw one on the 9.3. As is off a good rest I'm confident on a red deer size animal out to 200-250 with the factory sights. I've read that they're great for offhand and running shots but can be limited by range accuracy.

Any help appreciated.

I run true glo fiber optic ghost rings on my muzzleloader and it has greatly improved my groups.
I do, too. When I could no longer focus on a peep aperture, front bead and distant target all @ once, I went w ghost ring. Now I do not focus on the rear aperture, it is just a bright circle. The bright bead laying over the target can be in the center of the bright circle, or shooter can use a "6 o'clock hold."

They are great for fast close up running shots. Your eyes automatically center in the peep on running shots. I had to change to scopes as I got older. Also, scopes are better at first and last of legal light. I use a 2x7 scope now.

I was going to get one last year for my muzzleloader, but I didn't draw an elk muzzleloader tag so I didn't take the scope off my gun. I drew a muzzleloader tag this year!! and I think I am going to go with either the tru glo ghost ring or the Williams Ghost ring. I am shooting a T/C Pro hunter FX.

I use ghost rings on shotguns and muzzleloaders. I think they are a wonderful option. However, past 100-150 yards they have the same limitations as all other factory type sights. The aiming post or bead is simply too large for accurate shot placement.

The light factor is also an important consideration to as has been noted. Really unsure whether to pull the trigger or not. Don't have a spare scope and if I'm to make it to the states in 2021 i can't be blowing big money on scopes and rings!

A lot of folks in the northeast still run them on their deer rifles, you used to see rings on most if not all lever actions and a solid 1/2 of the pump action rifles and punkin chuckers had them. My 1st college roommate had one on his 7600 '06 and used to snap shoot coke cans at 100 yards, when he did miss, it wasn't by much. The only gun I've got with a Ghost ring now is my AR with the backup irons, with those I'm comfortable going out to 200 yards

I decided to go with the truglo ghost ring. It was $40 on Amazon. Scopes are legal in Iowa so yesterday I took the scope off and put the ghost ring on in preparation for a Colorado elk hunt in September. Today I shot my muzzleloader for the first time with the new sight. 50 yards 100 grains of triple 7 with 250 grain powerbelt aerolite bullets. I hope to try 338 grain bullets with 100 grains of powder next time.

Attachments

• F064B1B8-BF51-49FF-8CFB-EB9AB642F21D.jpeg
    F064B1B8-BF51-49FF-8CFB-EB9AB642F21D.jpeg
    671 KB · Views: 0
Back