Gettin old aint for wusses

I’m 51 and feel pretty good. For what it’s worth I will be getting a camera up my butt on Friday though....

I'm 52 and going in tomorrow for that. Liquid diet today with a terrible mixture I have to start drinking at 4PM.

Also, I've got either a stress fracture or ligament/tendon problem in my left foot that's got me hobbling around, likely a partially torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder and painful tendonitis in my left elbow. My right side is pretty good though. I feel like I peaked at 44. Shit goes south fast after 50 it seems, even when you fight it.

P1020517.JPG

Under that splint is a severed tendon between the patella and the lower leg, requiring surgery tomorrow that will pretty much end my hunting season this year ... but at 75 I have missed a few due to family concerns, work, military duty, and other obligations. However, as clearly reflected by Hunt Talk, the hunting passion is comprised of much more than being on the mountain, in the woods, so the dreaming, scheming, planning, scouting, researching, reading, and much more enables even a senior guy like me to enjoy the hunt, albeit on crutches for awhile. This year likely will perpetuate my passion through vicariously enjoying exciting hunts and interesting tales of Hunt Talk hunters. So keep em coming boys and girls!

PS: I will be back out there with renewed passion next season!

Last edited:
About 20 years ago I developed a pinched nerve in my neck that started numbing my left arm,then basicly seized my neck. After a month of pain pills.exrays & therapy the work comp doc told me it was a pre-existing condition,degenerated disks and sent me back to work.....with advice to take Vicodin....at work. I went to my association lawyer before going downtown to straighten out my a-hole super.
My doc later told me this is why he stays out of work comp deals. I asked what can I do? He said its just old age and hard to tell what idiotic thing I did in my youth to start the degeneration in my neck.
"So I need a Way Back machine"? I asked......he said yeah,that might work. LOL
I continued with therapy on my own and was back at work shortly with advice from therapist...when you do what starts hurting or causes tingling in the neck,back or anywhere,STOP DOING THAT!!

65 and finishing my barn one day at a time,between STOPS......lol
I compressed 2 vertebrae in my lower back when I was in my 20s. It resulted in a career change. My orthopedic surgeon refused to do surgery saying it would create nothing but complications throughout my life (IE, more surgeries). He told me go home, sit on the couch, watch TV and eat ice cream, get fat and die or go live my life and stay active. My activities at the time revolved around fishing, shooting and riding motorcycles in the desert. His advice “do what you love. If you race in the desert for the weekend and it takes you 2 weeks to walk again then decide if a 2 week recovery was worth it.” It was sound advice. I’ve pretty much lived my life with that advice and missed little. My back stabilized with scar tissue. The arthritis is finally beginning to affect my hiking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back