Caribou Gear

german bred dogs (GSP, GWP, etc.) are perfect skunk killers?

huntHARDer

Ever since the Nazi's attacked pearl harbor, I've always disliked anything German. A friend of mine who hunts britts told me that german bred bird dogs are much better varmint killers vs. bird finders. T or F?

dudes, a lil' bit of humour...guess I thought you were a sharper crowd.

Anyway, we want to get a bird dog but I keep reading that the Shorthairs, Wirehairs etc. would rather run down and kill possum, deer, coons and bigfoot then roust a game bird.

Would Britts be the safe bet? Hmm, for some reason I can't stand setters and pointers

Ever since the Nazi's attacked pearl harbor, I've always disliked anything German. A friend of mine who hunts britts told me that german bred bird dogs are much better varmint killers vs. bird finders. T or F?
Obviously never had landjaeger, sauerkraut. Or jager schnitzel.

Consider a Fr Brit. Mine has no interest in skunks or porcupine but she does have a thing for cottontails. Her chief interest in the field is always birds.

My buddy has a GSP that is the king of kings among dogs when it comes to skunks and porcupines..he gets into at least one porky/yr and every skunk he can..3 so far this yr already. My other buddy has a Griff that never passes up a chance at either...

dudes, a lil' bit of humour...guess I thought you were a sharper crowd.

Anyway, we want to get a bird dog but I keep reading that the Shorthairs, Wirehairs etc. would rather run down and kill possum, deer, coons and bigfoot then roust a game bird.

Would Britts be the safe bet? Hmm, for some reason I can't stand setters and pointers

I think you should consider a house cat, the kind that sharpens its claws on the end of the couch and leaves hairballs on your pillow, but acts like it likes you for 30 seconds after your get home from work. I don't think the Germans make cats so pick any breed you like...

I have owned three GWP’s, none have gone out of their way to attack fur, but they aren’t afraid of them either. There was that one badger!

I don't mind you poking BigFin with a stick since he can more than handle his own. I don't even mind you talking trash about outfitters using MY wildlife. But when you start talking trash about my skunk smelling dog...thats too far.

Back