Gerber Knife story

xrayts

BuzzH posted his positive experience with Swarovski a few days ago and it's inspired me to share my Gerber knife story.

In October of 2009 I was hunting what I affectionately call the Beaver Sloughs. I was wading through knee high water near a woodline when I heard, bloop, bloop, splash, plop. I had hung the zipper on my pack on a limb, opened a pocket, and everything it it fell in the water. I felt around in the water and mud for several minutes but never could find my knife. I took a mental note of where it was and decided I would come back when the water receeded. Well, the water didn't disappear till late spring at which point I thought the knife wouldn't be worth finding.

Fast forward to October 2010 after we have had a drought. I was hunting the area and thought, I wonder if I can find that knife. I walked to the spot I marked, looked down, and there it layed, half-buried in the dirt. Much to my surprise, there was not a speck of surface rust or anything other than mud. Props to Gerber for a durable knife design.

The knife is a folding Gerber gator with a gut hook. Not expensive, but certainly built tough.

The folding gator was my very first 'good' knife. It became a casualty of loaning it to my then 'young' son. He now has the same one you described. Maybe I can borrow it.

I have a Gerber folding Gator, sans the gut hook and have always liked it very much.

A number of years ago I snapped off the blade of my Buck knife trying to break thru pelvic bone of a deer. Got ahold of Buck and while they stated that wasn't covered, they did send me another knife. Thought that was pretty nice even though it was my screwup

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back