Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Geese on Public land in Texas

DaleT

I am looking for a lake or public hunting area that has geese on it in Texas. I am sure there are places along the coast, but I just don't know about them. Thanks, Dale T.

Dale,

talked to some guys sat. at Choke Canyon who had bagged a few specklebellies on friday. The speckles are really thick on some farm ground I am hunting about 15 miles from the lake, a good amount of the birds heading to the farmland come from towards choke. I went to Choke last week on tues. to do some duck hunting, we only killed one bird but it was out first time and on the way in we found where the ducks where rafting up in the evenings. So next hunt should be a little better.

------------------
LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING,
Steve Moody

"Stand Tall or Stand Alone."

"When the last of the
brave and free refuse to
surrender, I intend to be among them"

"Freedom is not a concept, Freedom is a way of life. Those who appreciate it practice it, those that don't legislate it."

"If it walks like a Stalin,
talks like a Castro, looks like a Hitler it aint no Thomas
Jefferson"

All of the above non-conformist quotes brought to you by Steve Moody

I had heard that there were some geese on Choke every once and a while. We were down there on December 8th and tried to do some duck hunting. We tried back in a cove and that did not work. I think next time we will get out on a point with every dek we have and try to get them to fly by. I am trying to find a spot down on the coast that holds some geese. I hear people say that they sometimes get into them while they are duck hunting but so far its kind of a fluke thing. I would think one of the fresh water ponds around Matagorda would hold some, but that is a long way from Austin just for a look see.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back