Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gear storage and small processing room ideas

kwyeewyk

I recently bought an insulated reefer van for storage, it's 48' long and about 9' high, little over 8' wide. I've dedicated a 12' section on one wall for gear storage, and will keep the first 10' from the door for a food processing area. The gear storage area right now consists of a 12' section framed 2' deep with a shelf set at 7' and two 6' closet rods set under the shelf. Want to store hunting/fishing/camping gear mostly, hang sleeping bags, etc. The tarp along the roof to move the cold air to the doors works perfect for fishing poles so I think I've got that aspect covered. I've done nothing with the food processing areas. Would like to hear or see what others have done for gear storage ideas or small processing rooms.

I have a 32’ refer trailer that I use for storage. I don’t have any pictures. i dug a slot into a slope and backed the trailer in, so, the rear entrance (main door) is basically flat with the ground. I added a round large turbine roof vent toward the rear and a simple vent in the front plywood where the refer unit was. Without ventilation things began to rust.

Even with the hassle of having a semi move it into place etc., it is one of my best investments. I think I spent $2200 on it. I keep a Honda rancher ATV, Polaris RZR, Kubota RTV 1100, sons dirt bike and a 100 gallon slip tank in it.

Yeah, I spent just over 2200 delivered, I wish I would have bought it 15 years ago. My neighbor has an attachment he can put on his loader and move it around with that if I need. I did the same as far as cutting a bank to back it up to. I walled off underneath and built a lumber rack at the front to store stuff under it.

Yeah, I spent just over 2200 delivered, I wish I would have bought it 15 years ago. My neighbor has an attachment he can put on his loader and move it around with that if I need. I did the same as far as cutting a bank to back it up to. I walled off underneath and built a lumber rack at the front to store stuff under it.
It’s up near Ronald. I live in Mukilteo. I’ll take photos of it this weekend And show you how I have it set up. My buddy bought a regular, uninsulated short trailer with a roll up door for $700. It was being used as a billboard, so he painted his white. It’s next to mine.

Last edited:
You need a sink it there
Yeah, want to find a used stainless 3 bay, but just realized I hadn't though much about water supply to the site, or drainage, I'll use a hose connection to start, but need to remember to pull water to the site and make a small drain area when I do power. Just using extension cord now for lighting.

I'm thinking maybe put all the sinks and tables, etc on casters so if I do need to move stuff around will be able to.

concerning gear storage, I saw that Steve rinella organizes his gear in milk crates and it seems like a damn good idea. I’m sure you can find the video of it on YouTube if you’d like to see it.

Even if you just had a cheap fiberglass freestanding sink it’s real nice to wash your hands in between packing and cutting.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back