Caribou Gear

Gear List '22...so it begins

Good hunting, Harley.
I am impressed you are finally moving up from your 'challenged 6.5'
to a stout 700. Progress
The 700 .257 Wby was seriously considered...it's legal and plenty stout. But the man card RUM will get it done if the Mashburn hiccups...& wears the same stock.

Colorado bound Wednesday after next, 10-26 Ken Jr., a longtime hunter friend, and myself. Trailering 3-4 large coolers, hope we have to buy more. So it begins . . . first elk trip since '19, too long.
Are you taking tire chains? Looks like some snow chances starting Sunday. I’ve never been to CO past September and wonder how bad the FS roads might be. We are renting a 4x4 truck in Denver and wondering if I should buy a set before heading into the mountains.

Are you taking tire chains? Looks like some snow chances starting Sunday. I’ve never been to CO past September and wonder how bad the FS roads might be. We are renting a 4x4 truck in Denver and wondering if I should buy a set before heading into the mountains.
I plan to take some.

Imagine the regret of needing them and not having them

Good luck Ken!! Hope you guys have a blast! Drive safe and shoot straight buddy.

Bingo sir....I'm getting these. Hoping they're rim safe.
Both my trucks have them, chains.
The Ford has them from Tirechain.com,v-bar like above. Clear the rims easy with the STMaxx tires and cinchers.
My rims are not so ...nice. They have lived an unsheltered NM life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back