Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Gander Outdoors Flyer - remington 700 ultimate muzzleloader

rookhawk

Helluva deal this week. $699

That’s below most dealer’s cost. I paid $30 more than that from the cheapest online dealer.

A friend was sighting in one of those on my range a couple days ago. He had it on point, out to 300 yards, using four pellets of pyrodex and an accutip(?) bullet. I inherited one of the original Remintons, from my fil and it shoots real well, too.

Most people throw away the oem breach plug and get one compatible with BH209. Rated for 160 volumetric grains!!!

For what it’s worth, 4 pellets and a 300gr bullet in a 50 cal is creating almost as much felt recoil as a 500 nitro express. It’s worse than that, you shoot a 500ne off sticks which isn’t that bad, you shoot a Muzzleloader from a bench or prone!

Youch!!!!

Jeez. I tried 3 white hot pellets for about 5 shots out of my cva and my shoulder was bruised and tender for almost 2 weeks. Worst part was it really didn't shoot much flatter than 2 pellets.

No thanks on the 4 pyrodex pellets. I'm too much of a wuss :)

For what it’s worth, 4 pellets and a 300gr bullet in a 50 cal is creating almost as much felt recoil as a 500 nitro express. It’s worse than that, you shoot a 500ne off sticks which isn’t that bad, you shoot a Muzzleloader from a bench or prone!

Youch!!!!
If it can actually burn all 4 pellets before it leaves the barrel,

If it can actually burn all 4 pellets before it leaves the barrel,

Exactly! I think a lot of that is marketing hype, for the people that want to make mz into a center-fire rifle. I have serious doubts that four pellets will actually all be burned, before the end of the barrel. I will stay with my 80 grains of Alliant Black MZ and the 348-grain Powerbelt hollow point, keeping the distance reasonable. Bang! Flop!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back