Caribou Gear

Game Processors-CO Front Range

Wapiti426

I know I am probably jinxing myself for begging to even consider how I would like to process a deer/elk in Colorado this fall, but I have always been a fan of the 5 P's.

Does anyone have a processor on the front range they would recommend?

Arapahoe Meat Co. about 25 minutes North of Denver. Used them many times when I lived in that region and was very happy. They are very busy, wild game processing is only a fraction of what they do so I only recommend them to in-state hunters due to longer turnaround times occasionally.

Stan's Meat Market in Arvada has done a few elk and bear for me and everything has been fantastic. They are incredibly busy during the season, usually you'll go by in the morning when they open and get a time slot to come by later in the day (especially if it's the first day or two after the weekend) to drop off the meat.

Stan's Meat Market in Arvada has done a few elk and bear for me and everything has been fantastic. They are incredibly busy during the season, usually you'll go by in the morning when they open and get a time slot to come by later in the day (especially if it's the first day or two after the weekend) to drop off the meat.

I've never understood that, like shouldn't it take 2-3 min to get someone squared away? After living in MT you realize what a dumpster fire CO processors are, if one of the processors from MT moved down here they could make a fortune.

The front range processors rank mediocre at best, and no one in the state can make a decent brat.

The front range covers quite the distance where exactly you going to be? Fort Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Trinidad?

I’ve used the Meat Cleaver in Denver. Not exactly the most personable people on the planet, but they have always been fast.

My brother just became a butcher. Given the situation in the Front Range, I'm going to try to convince him to start a place out here sometime down the road. He could make a killing!

Valley Packing in La Salle Colorado does a very good job, however, can be a bit pricey depending on what you have done and can take a little while. They like many others in Colorado are slammed that time of year.

I've never understood that, like shouldn't it take 2-3 min to get someone squared away? After living in MT you realize what a dumpster fire CO processors are, if one of the processors from MT moved down here they could make a fortune.

The front range processors rank mediocre at best, and no one in the state can make a decent brat.

It's been about 5-10 minutes once I actually drop my animals off, most of that being inside setting up the order sheet. It's probably not too hard to get backed up when there are 50+ pickup trucks in line before they open in the morning. That's still over two hours of waiting for guy #50 even if it just takes 3 minutes to drop off.

I've dealt with way worse processors than what's available around here, so I don't mind minor inconveniences like coming back later in the day when I have a designated time slot.

It's been about 5-10 minutes once I actually drop my animals off, most of that being inside setting up the order sheet. It's probably not too hard to get backed up when there are 50+ pickup trucks in line before they open in the morning. That's still over two hours of waiting for guy #50 even if it just takes 3 minutes to drop off.

I've dealt with way worse processors than what's available around here, so I don't mind minor inconveniences like coming back later in the day when I have a designated time slot.

Yeah, that's fair, but the hours are pretty short (9am-3pm), and they won't take boned out meat.

In Bozeman a city (1/30 the size) there are half a dozen processors, most with much better hours. Hotchkiss meats, over on the western slope will even turn the lights on and take your game way after closing. We brought them a boned out bull after 10pm one time.
Point being given the size of the metro area, and the number of elk killed ~45k, compared to MT ~30k and WY ~25k, not to mention other animals, and given the booming food industry, I'm just suprised that there isn't a shop open 24/7 that will take your caul fat + heart and make you puff adder. ;)

I'm used 3 processors in CO and all of the ones in Bozeman, 1 in Belgrade, and 1 in Big Timber MT. The brats and specialty meats you get in CO just pale in comparison, to the point I just get burger or maybe some bulk chorizo.

Ted Baker Meats, Peyton....

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back