Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Game Hoists

Reggae

Looking at getting a game hoist for the pole building. The rope/pulley ones are pretty inexpensive, but I've heard they're a pain because the rope won't stay on the wheels. The other thought is a chain hoist, Cabelas sells a couple different ones. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Reggae

If you are going for a permenant set-up,
use a boat winch with wire rope !
Mine has 1/4 or 5/16 which is more than enough to support deer (i've butchered a pretty big calf) Just get a cable pully to run at the top and you are set.
The cost is way less than a chainfall unless you really need the portablilty.
I can post a photo if it would be helpful !
JB

I bought one of the rope/pulleys at sports acamedy this fall for loading a deer by myself ..... it works OK, but its not tough enough for regular use.

JB - as they say, a pic is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the idea.
smile.gif

This is the best one I could find, Most are pretty dark and the rest just bloody.
View

We set it up as a "two seater" because we
clean 50 to 60 deer there a season.
All you really need is a sturdy frame.
Reggae, if you want a better picture I'll snap one in the daylight when I go back up next week....just let me know !

Also, If you're doing something permenant I can give you some tips that will make it nicer in the long run.
Sea Ya,
JB

Thanks JB. I think I'll probably set up something like that before next fall.

That's a lot of deer to process!
smile.gif

Trust me, its plenty, ever see jawbone necklace? We have to pull them and turn them in with the tags for aging.

We are issued 45 doe tags a season from the state. You can see we added a cooler so we would have somewhere to put them in the first few weekends when we really pile the
does high. That young fellow with his first buck is pretty fired up too !
JB

Reggae,

About three or four years ago the brother in law in I made us a hoist hanger system at his place.
We used oil field pipe 5" for the legS and top piece and we also mounted a boat winch to one of the up-rights.
We set it up for 5 deer and made it 8 feet tall(should have been ten) to keep any stray dogs from dining on the deer.
We set the posts in concrete so it is a permanent type deal and works great.
We have it set up so we can back a truck up to it and hoist the deer right out of the bed.No lifting.
Whatever you do be sure and get it taller than you think it needs to be.
Easy to crank one down but tough to get them high enough if you got dogs around.
We have eyelets welded on the top pipe and use rope snaps and a short piece of rope to transfer the deer to the eyelets.
Then we move the winch line to the next one and do it again. Slick!!!!

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT
http://www.hunttalk.com

Back