Caribou Gear Tarp

Galveston TX - Fishing?

Muskeez

We are going to be in Galveston TX in early April and would like to do some fishing. There's a TON of guides down there on Fishingbooker.com, but does anyone have a recommendation of one they know or have used? Thanks for any advice!

Drive over and check out the Texas City Dike one day. Cut mullet, blue crab, shrimp, etc all take some nice drum there. Red, and Black.

We are going to be in Galveston TX in early April and would like to do some fishing. There's a TON of guides down there on Fishingbooker.com, but does anyone have a recommendation of one they know or have used? Thanks for any advice!
I've fished with Galveston party boats 3 times and 3g charters once. Also know a guy I'm booked with this July but he's out of Freeport about a hour south. Are you trying to target reds and speckled trout?

By then the specs will be on fire and water warm enough to wade fish. Just get out there, its not that complicated...If you can catch bass and Muskie on lures it’s not all that different.

A medium light 6’6” rod and bass reel will work fine. Braided line 20 lbs, 30 lbs mono leader. Top waters like super spook jr will get you on fish for sure. Gulp ripple mullet on 1/8 oz jigs. Go to Texas City dike. Wade Seaowlf Park. Crystal beach in the surf if the wind lays. Lots of places to go if you are willing to wade or shore fish.

That sounds like some great options also Dan, THANK YOU! I booked a boat trip for me and the Mrs., and 2 of the "kids" for our last day there. I don't have any way to tote my rods down there so maybe I should pack 2 reels and a little tackle and just buy a couple cheap rods when I get there.

Sadly we are not, just canceled our trip yesterday, still need to work on refunds from airlines and car rental. Fishing guide and Airbnb gave us full refunds. bad deal.
In other news I heard that IL has closed all public boat ramps so that their DNR staff doesn't have to be out maintaining them. (in the fresh air) Unbelievable that they would take away something that will help us all get through these stressful and insane times!

Back