Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gallatin River

The pictures that show the flooding... Just speculating based on orientation, but it appears the existing municipal sewer system (that he wants to tie into and you may be connected to?) would have flooded out at that time as well. If that is the case, how would the addition of the campground system have any measurable effect on that "pollution" generated from a flood? Lots of turds get flushed in a flood, human, animal and otherwise.
The recently completed Gallatin Gateway Sewer System is across the river in the town proper, which is above the floodplain and never been flooded. This floodplain property in question is on the west side of this branch of the Gallatin River and will have to be annexed into the sewer district. Our house is west of that and not included in the district.

As was attempted to describe, it's not just NIMBY, although I am the guy explaining the concerns and I do live in the neighborhood. If it were a river in Wisconsin near Northwoods Lab and I knew about the issue, I would chime in there as well.
A letter addressed to the Gallatin Conservation District board which is reviewing the natural spring fed stream and Gallatin River 310 permit applications tomorrow received a letter publicized on Facebook by a group called Citizens for the Protection of the Gallatin River. The letter is accompanied by over four thousand signatures of like-minded "NIMBYs". The precedent of the first utility lines under the West Gallatin River may prove to be well engineered and may result in no harm to the river or downstream ... but again why do it if not absolutely necessary?! The Big Sky sewer debacle to which you previously alluded is another example of great engineering, with assurances of no risk and no harm to the Gallatin River and tributaries ... until there was / is! It is a huge issue of which you haven't witnessed the last battle.

I just don’t see how a glamping resort is even capable of turning a profit. Especially in what’s basically a 2 season climate. Long winters and very short summers. When I lived in Bozeman and recreated in the Gallatin the NFS CG’s were most always empty except for a few holiday wknds but even then you could find a spot easily. The novelty of tent camping when it drops to freezing rain and snow and you have to stoke the stove continually is going to wear off fast on city boys and girls. Especially when they have to go potty somewhere across the way. :unsure:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back