Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gale Sayers Died

WyoDoug

Another great has passed on. This guy along with Louis Brian Picolo formed the incentive for Brian's Song and was an inspiration for many as both dealt and beat severe hardships. Their inspiration and reach extends well beyond football.

Dang. Rest in peace. I remember my dad, who grew up in Chicago and played youth football with a few guys who later went on to play for the Bears, always talking about Gale.

My son-in-law (lives in Tucson) is a HUGE Bears fan. I've bought him Walter Payton, Dick Butkus, and Gale Sayers football jerseys as Christmas presents.

Probably the coolest gift my daughter ever gave him was a flight to Chicago to see the Bears play at Soldier Field a few years back. They ended up with seats one row above Gale Sayers and over just a bit. A definite highlight of his Bears fandom was getting to speak with Sayers for a few minutes that night. A genuinely gracious man!

The attached quote (with photo of Ashton Kutcher) shows my daughter and SIL in the background between the two ...

Gale Sayers Christmas.jpgGale Sayers and Ashton Kutcher with the kids.png

Last edited:
I watched the Bears many times to watch Butkus. Meanest tackler I have ever seen, but always came away impressed with Sayers. Very, very special.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back