Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

FWP Bonus Point Sketchiness

I think that anyone who has drawn 3 MT Goat tags should get a fourth one automatically, so they can hunt it before their legs quit on them. Maybe a sheep tag too but that might be asking too much, don't want to come off as entitled.

You’ve never had a dumber idea.
Were it not for the fact the whiners would slap a lawsuit on FWP I would make a push to do it. The bonus pt is a joke, and I have max pts, but would happily evaporate them for a true pref pt.

The other thing that MSG permits should be is nice in a lifetime.

Were it not for the fact the whiners would slap a lawsuit on FWP I would make a push to do it. The bonus pt is a joke, and I have max pts, but would happily evaporate them for a true pref pt.

Every point system is a joke but preference is by far the worst. Let’s just get rid of them and go random.

I would be more apt to goin to a true random draw where you pick the species and front the $$ similar to idaho. No bonus or preference points

A preference point system would make them once in a lifetime for the handful of people that would ever have a shot at a tag and never in a lifetime for most everybody else.

Pp systems don’t work for species like the big 3.

How do you give out ~130 sheep tags to ~27k people with a pp system?

A preference point system would make them once in a lifetime for the handful of people that would ever have a shot at a tag and never in a lifetime for most everybody else.

Auction them off to the clients 🤷

Let’s ash can the bonus points and go to a true preference point. Bonus pts are a joke.
If I remember correctly, in the early '80s FWP did away with the bonus points because they said their computers were overloaded with everyone's bonus points. I think I had 8 sheep bonus points then. Now, me and thousands of others all have 576 squared preference points in multiple species.

If I remember correctly, in the early '80s FWP did away with the bonus points because they said their computers were overloaded with everyone's bonus points. I think I had 8 sheep bonus points then. Now, me and thousands of others all have 576 squared preference points in multiple species.
This is the problem with bonus pts.

No argument on the 3 and pp system not workable….bonus pt isn’t really workable either. So do away with it, go once in a lifetime (retro-active) on big 3.

Honestly I don’t see a problem with the bonus point system. It’s not like you have to buy the point to still draw like a preference point system.
Agreed, and I actually like that they are squared in MT also. I do believe people that have been applying for the longest time should have better odds, and I also think even those starting at the ground level should have a chance. It seems most of the people that hate the bonus point system are people that think it's supposed to work like a true preference point system, and they are frustrated when they have 20 points and they see someone drawing with 2 points.

You just have to get in at a young age and hope you can still hunt when you are 80 and all of the people ahead of you have died.

You just have to get in at a young age and hope you can still hunt when you are 80 and all of the people ahead of you have died.
This is the biggest issue I have with bonus points. You have a better chance in your lifetime to draw than if there were no bonus points (for something like moose/sheep or some other hard to get tag). However as we get higher into the higher numbers with bonus points, the chances of a 15-25 year old drawing tags is going to approach zero. Young hunters will basically have no chance when competing with somebody that potentially has 40+ points. So while most of us with 20 points or more now had a chance to draw during those first 20 years, somebody starting out now has very little chance of drawing in their first 20 years.

Bonus Points do work for what they were supposed to do, give everybody a chance at drawing. Squaring them helps. The more times you apply and don't get the tag, your chances of drawing do go up, even if it is a very small amount for something like a Sheep.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back