Caribou Gear Tarp

Funny Stuff

dgc1963

OK just took a turn down memory lane on another post T Bone did a great story about taking kids hunting and it made me comment about Pat Mcmanus
did a quick search and saw he passed a few yrs ago
I have to say we had a copy of outdoor life show up in the mail box every month for most of my childhood and even into my 30s or more. And the first thing I would turn to was the back of the magazine and read Pat's stories I even had some of his books and took one or 2 on my first western hunt 25 yrs ago. That man was a great story teller ol Retch Sweeny,Rancid Crabtree Eddie muldoon and the dog strange Wow they are still in the memory bank in my head maybe silly but felt a bit sad to see he had passed such a great story teller!!!!

Don’t forget his sister, the Troll! ( at least that’s how I remember him referring to her. ) he was a man of great humor. The artist always did a great job with the illustration to go along with it. If you haven’t read his books, you definitely should!

Don’t forget his sister, the Troll! ( at least that’s how I remember him referring to her. ) he was a man of great humor. The artist always did a great job with the illustration to go along with it. If you haven’t read his books, you definitely should!
YES,YES the troll !

Always funny stuff back then. And his daughter's name was hidden in the illustration somewhere. Had to search to find it.

When I first read McManus he was on the last page of Field and Stream. I don't remember why but one day I guess I was trying to convince my mother I was a tough guy or something. I told her that I never laughed out loud. She said "Oh, how about when you're sitting on the couch reading Pat McManus?" She had me there, you just can't read McManus without laughing out loud.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back