Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Funny Hunter Quotes/Lingo

Probably been mentioned, but "running" equipment drives me nuts. Unless you strap that equipment to your back and take it for a run, you are not "running" equipment.

"Bro" is another one. I am not your "bro". Combine the two and I wish you get a bedbug infestation in your favorite sleeping bag.

"Hey Bro, what kind of dental floss are you gonna run on your backcountry elk hunt?"
And "Bruh"

I forgot about this thread, glad to see it being updated with fresh material...

yearling bull As in , "yeah I shot a yearling bull". When what they shot was this year's calf.

Crew As in "me and my crew kept eyes on this bull for 3 week till I I gave it a dirt nap opening morning" or any reference to hunting friends/partners as a 'crew' of any sort.

Last edited:
"It's not the biggest _____ I've ever shot, but...". Why be self conscious about the size of the rack? If you are are happy ant it was legal, then celebrate the accomplishment.

Basically the entire content of Rokslide. I occasionally check the “what’s new” page, never see anything I can tolerate reading, and come back here.

I get a kick out of that place. On hunttalk under the sheep hunting forum we talk about hunting sheep.

On rokslide the conversation is more about what diameter drill bit you can get away with using to lighten up the weight of the bill of your hat without getting the sun in your eyes.

"It's not the biggest _____ I've ever shot, but...". Why be self conscious about the size of the rack? If you are are happy ant it was legal, then celebrate the accomplishment.
If he would've had this...... extra mass, broken tine, little wider, etc. Etc. He would've been a ____

C'mon man why are you trying to add to your bull or buck. If he doesn't have it he doesn't have it.

I get a kick out of that place. On hunttalk under the sheep hunting forum we talk about hunting sheep.

On rokslide the conversation is more about what diameter drill bit you can get away with using to lighten up the weight of the bill of your hat without getting the sun in your eyes.
Which toothbrush are you guys running and do you cut the handle down?

You obviously don't read the rifle caliber threads here...

Speaking of rokslide, I think all their videos have an animal that’s classified as a “smoke show.” 🙄

Wtf is even in a kill kit? Last I checked all a guy needs is a knife? Electrical tape and a zip lock if your hunting mt.

I do have a first aid kit though....
I think it’s a fancy name for that short list you just made. It trips me out too buddy.

Back