Fun/interesting things to see in MT705

jtn

New member
Joined
Oct 28, 2023
Messages
15
Hi all,

I'll be exploring 705 (far SE) MT for pronghorn in a few weeks, and am treating it as a 'lets see what this area is about' trip in addition to chasing animals. So, where are the great places to grab a burger and beer and hear stories? Any local lore I should go visit? How's the fishing this time of year in the Powder river? I'm excited, looks like a lot of the areas I find very serene and beautiful in neighboring states like N Dakota and Wy. Thanks in advance.
 
The best food in SE MT will be in Spearfish. Great food and drinks down there. I would recommend seeing the museum in Ekalaka. Tbey have a good exhibit local arrowheads, the Hammond wolf shot by a local rancher, and local dino fossils. I couldnt recommend fishing anywhere along the Powder, maybe the Tongue or the Yellowstone. Enjoy your pronghorn hunt.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,137
Messages
2,251,057
Members
39,099
Latest member
ebsarg
Back
Top