Full Moon and Scream Fest in the Elk Woods

samuel_284Win

I had one of the best evenings in the elk woods yesterday evening during the last 2 hours of legal shooting light with a couple of bulls and a small group of cows even though the moon illumination was 94% on Thursday and 98% last night, both nights clear skies for the most part. Bulls were vocal with each other and were responding to my calls. I think I am going to mentally "delete" all the things that I have heard about elk being relatively hard to hunt through the full moon phase. What have your experiences been with elk behavior during the few days of the full moon?

I had one of the best evenings in the elk woods yesterday evening during the last 2 hours of legal shooting light with a couple of bulls and a small group of cows even though the moon illumination was 94% on Thursday and 98% last night, both nights clear skies for the most part. Bulls were vocal with each other and were responding to my calls. I think I am going to mentally "delete" all the things that I have heard about elk being relatively hard to hunt through the full moon phase. What have your experiences been with elk behavior during the few days of the full moon?
You don’t see or get responses in the day time during the full moons it seems! It wasn’t my idea to plan a trip during the elk rut 😭 haha I’ll be out in dem woods Monday!!!! Good luck man!

Ya! That’s right. The Elk party all night under a full moon and then sleep all day with a rut hang over😂 then they do all over again the next night. You may get lucky and pull a desperate rag horn away on occasion or catch one going to a wallow. Usually closer to dark. It is still a blast and worth being out there💯‼️

I think I am going to mentally "delete" all the things that I have heard about elk being relatively hard to hunt through the full moon phase.

That would be a good idea. I've bugled bulls till 11 am the morning after a full moon in both OR and NM. Evidently they haven't been reading the internet.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back