Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

FS: Timney Calvin Elite, Rem 700 — SOLD

• Thread starter Deleted member 16014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16014

Timney Calvin Elite (mod #520), drop in for Remington 700, I bought it new in 2019. With bolt release, right hand safety.

$105 shipped SOLD

D68CBC95-C0B8-4BC9-9A21-07B4A243D9AD.jpeg

A7938371-EDF3-485E-AB6E-DF0C0BFF6DAA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious since a buddy and I are in discussion about this now. Does a Timney trigger block safety lock the bolt when safety is engaged? Thanks.

Just curious since a buddy and I are in discussion about this now. Does a Timney trigger block safety lock the bolt when safety is engaged? Thanks.
I believe the Timney manufactured safeties do not lock the bolt. If I hadn’t already bolted mine all back together with a different trigger I’d test it.

The ones I’ve used don’t lock the bolt on 700s or model 7s. I just replaced a trigger on an old 30-06 to get rid of that

The M700 triggers that lock the bolt are done by a longer safety lever and a notch cut in the bolt. I think Remington cut the notch until about 1980s in the bolt.
Most aftermarket use a different safety but Rifle basixs uses a factory safety so you could swap it to the older style if you wanted.

The M700 triggers that lock the bolt are done by a longer safety lever and a notch cut in the bolt. I think Remington cut the notch until about 1980s in the bolt.
Most aftermarket use a different safety but Rifle basixs uses a factory safety so you could swap it to the older style if you wanted.
Interesting. Thanks for that. My buddy in Havre and I were discussing in the context of our Springfield rifles, both of which have conventional Timney triggers without the trigger block safety. Our two-position aftermarket striker safeties lock the bolt when in the safe position. I had been contemplating changing to a Timney trigger with block safety because the striker wing safety is quite exposed to getting caught and disengaged when the scope is removed to use iron sights, especially when the gun is slung on my right shoulder.
20220711_203146.jpg
If the scope is attached, the wing is protected by it when in safe position. I'm not much interested in the Timney with trigger safety if it allows the bolt to fall open inadvertently. Sure, the gun is still safe but then the chamber is empty and may be full of debris when I suddenly need to load and fire. Wisner markets a kit that converts the Springfield to a side lever two-position striker safety that might be what I'm looking for.
small-ring-93-94-96-mauser-bolt_1_b4dbf682305559734c13bd410870305d.jpg
I'm waiting for confirmation that it locks the bolt when safety is engaged. The other alternative is an aftermarket bolt sleeve and safety that converts the Springfield (or Mauser) to a Model 70 style 3-position striker safety. That would be the ticket ... but the price tag is ridiculous. The safe position locks the bolt, 2nd position is fire, and third position unlocks the bolt but keeps the striker locked allowing the chamber to be opened without disengaging safety. Nice ... but not $400 nice.

Anyway, that was the context of our discussion and reason for my question. Timney doesn't elaborate on whether their trigger will lock the bolt. Obviously not a subject that would help with sales.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back