Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

FS: Rem 700 .350 Rem Mag semi-custom

T Bone

I hate to do this, but with a kid in college, I need to free up some $ for the big game applications. I'd rather hunt than fondle this rifle.

$800 shipped for rifle and bases/rings to lower 48. No questions asked 3 day return policy. Scope not included.

It's a hard to find factory 700 BDL 350 Rem Mag that has had considerable action and barrel work as detailed below.
Action and Barrel
- Sako extractor installed.
- Remington Short Action 700. Serial number is A prefix.
- Factory barrel was removed, action trued and barrel indexed with original Remington barrel stamping face down.
- Sights removed, holes plugged (plugs are face down in stock, see line above).
- Barrel cut and target crowned at 20"
- Nicely jeweled bolt (factory).
- Action is smoooooth.
- Bolt face shows the rifle has been shot, but not much.
- Feeds and cycles flawlessly.
- Both lugs show even contact with action.
- There are small scratches and a couple larger scratches in the bluing.
- Bottom metal is in extremely good condition. It is scratched around the trigger guard bolts.
- I do not know who did the gunsmithing. It was done very nicely.

Trigger/Safety
- Action has to be safety off to lift bolt, just like God intended it.
- Trigger has been adjusted. It's not superb, but not bad. (maybe 4.5 pounds)
- Since the trigger safety has not been in for Remington's recall, use at your own risk. I've cycled it a few dozen times. Slammed the bolt home hard. Smacked the butt on the floor. It's safe.

Stock
- 13.5" LOP very nicely finished with a Pachmayer pad.
- Full length bedded. Rear tang is not bedded.
- Stock looks to have been sanded and refinished with an oil finish. Checkering has been re-cut. It could use a few more coats of finish, IMO.
- There are many small scratches and a few deep large scratches in the stock.
- Factory Sling studs are there.

Bases and rings are included. I believe they are Millet brand.

Overall this is an awesome handling rifle. Balance is perfect. A 200 grain X bullet will deflate anything on the continent.....

Again, I don't know who did the gunsmithing. I don't know for a fact that that the action was trued and accurized. The guy I bought it from did not have the paperwork anymore. The barrel was obviously removed. The wear on the lugs supports the accurization claim.

$800 shipped to lower 48 for rifle, bases and rings. Scope is not included.

Buyer will have the option to buy 2 new boxes of Remington 200 grain factory loads....which is crazy hard to find!

I have not fired the rifle. I bought the rifle a while ago, and have been looking for ammo to buy, which I have now located. If there is no interest in the rifle, I am going to go shoot it on Monday. I'll post results!

No trades. I need the $ to pull some good tags in CO and Idaho!

Below are a pile of pictures.

Look closely at the pic below. It shows the factory stamping at the 5o'clock position.

As mentioned above. Buyer of rifle will have option to buy 2 boxes of Remington ammo. Ammo is a bit difficult to find. Midway currently has Nosler custom ammo at $65/box.

Went out in the mud and shot the rifle this morning. Shot 7 rounds total. 1 @ 50 yards. 3 @ 100 yards, and 3 @ 200 yards. The rifle shoots the factory ammo good but not great. I'd guess with reloading you can much improve on the shooting below.

Recoil was very similar to shooting a lightweight '06 with hot 180's.

First pic shows 50 yard shot after bore sighting below and left of brass.

100 yard 3 shot group above and right of the brass. It's good but not great. I might have pulled the lower shot. I adjusted the scope and backed out to 200 yards.

I didn't adjust the scope enough.

200 yards 3 shots.

Price changed to $775 for rifle, bases, rings and 33 rounds of ammo, and 7 pieces of brass.

Last edited:
bump.

$775 shipped for rifle, mounts, rings, ammo and brass.

Would consider partial trade for recent model Leupold 2-7, 1.5-6, or 2.5-8, or 3-9x40.

Price changed to $750 shipped for rifle, mounts, rings, ammo and brass.

Would consider partial trade for recent model Leupold 2-7, 1.5-6, or 2.5-8, or 3-9x40.

Price change to $710 for the package.

This will crush the big and toothies up close yet still tip them over on the cross canyon shots.

Someone buy it before I decide to keep it.

Last edited:
Keep that rig!
Q: What will you do with the ammo if not purchased by said buyer? Hold out and sell when the price per box hits $100?

SWEET! note: If I was 15 years younger making the money I did then, I would have taken it off your hands in a heartbeat. Good shooting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back