FS: 13' Fishing Cat (inflatable cataraft)

So just curious but what is fishing out of a cat like? I've done a little fishing out of a raft and I think I would prefer a raft because of the capabilities of loading them down with lots of stuff for multi-day trips, but that thing looks like it could handle some serious weight and would fish well being higher off the water.

So just curious but what is fishing out of a cat like? I've done a little fishing out of a raft and I think I would prefer a raft because of the capabilities of loading them down with lots of stuff for multi-day trips, but that thing looks like it could handle some serious weight and would fish well being higher off the water.

I like it. It's more maneuverable than a raft. The extra elevation helps with visibility and casting. It's a versatile little boat. Load capacity is listed at 750 pounds. IMO, that is a bit conservative.

I've had it in heavy class III and it rocks right through it.

It won't carry as much as a 13' raft, but it's easier to handle through rock gardens.

Front chair detaches if a person wants to carry gear instead of another person.

It's a quality boat, I've just got too many, so this one goes. The AIRE Puma, and 13D stay.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back