FS: 13' Fishing Cat (inflatable cataraft)

Bulldog0156

So just curious but what is fishing out of a cat like? I've done a little fishing out of a raft and I think I would prefer a raft because of the capabilities of loading them down with lots of stuff for multi-day trips, but that thing looks like it could handle some serious weight and would fish well being higher off the water.

T Bone

So just curious but what is fishing out of a cat like? I've done a little fishing out of a raft and I think I would prefer a raft because of the capabilities of loading them down with lots of stuff for multi-day trips, but that thing looks like it could handle some serious weight and would fish well being higher off the water.

I like it. It's more maneuverable than a raft. The extra elevation helps with visibility and casting. It's a versatile little boat. Load capacity is listed at 750 pounds. IMO, that is a bit conservative.

I've had it in heavy class III and it rocks right through it.

It won't carry as much as a 13' raft, but it's easier to handle through rock gardens.

Front chair detaches if a person wants to carry gear instead of another person.

It's a quality boat, I've just got too many, so this one goes. The AIRE Puma, and 13D stay.

Last edited:
SITKA Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobWash