Yeti GOBOX Collection

Frost Bite

TimeOnTarget

Quick question on frostbite,

About 3 weeks back i frostbit 2 finger tips on my left hand while out chasing pheasants. Not bad but certainly hurt when i got them warmed back up. They felt completely healed but today, 3 weeks later, I notice they hurt and look down at them. They got blisters on them! Just clear water blisters.

Can it really take 3 weeks for blisters to form after frostbite or did i do something else to them?

I've had it twice and that's not what happened to my fingers. They tips turned black, dried and fell off, all exceptionally painful though.

I had what I think was the start of frostbite on the right side of my nose while pheasant hunting out in ND in late December of 2004. The skin turned pure white and then back to normal color after I got back to the truck and got warmed up. About two weeks later that whole side of my nose peeled off like it had been sunburned. I've not had any further problems, so I was lucky I caught it in time.

fingers.jpg

My ring finger is the worst of the 2, a true water blister. My middle fingers is just white and hurts, it doesn't seem to be a blister.

I've no idea what i could have done to them besides frost bite from 3 weeks ago, which i thought was gone about a week ago. They just hurt then, never any blisters or anything.

Yep. Just like a bad sun burn. I froze mine years ago, when I passed out in a snow drift-long story.:p The thaw out was not fun and they are sensitive today.

I've frostbit my fingertips, toes and right hip. Toes and fingers all turned black and my hip blistered up clear like a sunburn and was right on the belt line. Are they supposed to be more sensitive after? If anything I've noticed a loss of feeling after the frost bite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back