Friday Tunage - Summatime edition

I’ve listened to this song many times but the first time I drove through Colorado I was able to replay the song in my head as we passed the different interstate signs on 70 headed west.

“ Climb through Georgetown to Silver Plume, the tunnel at Loveland’s Cove, the lake on left is a little lower, on the right is the Breckinridge Road, there’s a sign right below Copper Mtn telling where the Independence runs free and I’m an hour closer to Sarah in the summer and that’s where I wanna be.

I’ve listened to this song many times but the first time I drove through Colorado I was able to replay the song in my head as we passed the different interstate signs on 70 headed west.

“ Climb through Georgetown to Silver Plume, the tunnel at Loveland’s Cove, the lake on left is a little lower, on the right is the Breckinridge Road, there’s a sign right below Copper Mtn telling where the Independence runs free and I’m an hour closer to Sarah in the summer and that’s where I wanna be.

In the summer, Independence Pass is open from Leadville to Aspen. It saves an hour or more, compared to driving Denver to Aspen via I 70 through Glenwood. Never heard this before, what a treat.

In the summer, Independence Pass is open from Leadville to Aspen. It saves an hour or more, compared to driving Denver to Aspen via I 70 through Glenwood. Never heard this before, what a treat.
I have driven that road too. Beautiful country. I still drink coffee most days from a tin cup bought at that little general store along that route. Twin Lakes General store I believe it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back