Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Freighter Pack Needed

LIK2HNT

Hi All

I am looking for a good freighter pack to use for packing meat and exercising. Presently I am using a Kifaru freighter that I really did not like for hauling meat. I use it 2 to 3 times a week for 2 to 3 hours hiking the hills loaded with 75 lbs of sand. Load weight will increase the month before season. Also the stitching is starting to wear as seen in photo. Since exercise is priority this pack needs to be able to handle the weight, frequent use,and be comfortable. The pack weight itself will not be an issue. Meat hauling duties will be for second trips if needed after getting back to the truck or camp with the first load.

I am looking at the Kelty Cache Hauler frame and the Frontier Gear of Alaska Freighter Frame from Barney's Sports Chalet in Alaska. Would like to hear from anyone who has used either of these. I am open to any other ideas also, but do not need a pack system. I have quite a few Eberlestock packs for different occasions and a Stone Glacier pack that I really like.

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks
Bill

I used to have one of the frames from Barney's and it was great. I used it for a couple of very long trips and it held up great and was comfortable, even when heavily loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back