Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Free Carfax report

schmalts

The wife hit a deer and needed a new car. I bought the carfax 5 Vin package and only used one. If anyone else needs a Vin run PM me.

I remember when Carfax first came out and thought it was pretty neat. I don't know if it's still the same now as it was back then.
I thought I would give it a try so I entered the VIN for my wife's car that we had bought brand new fron the dealership with only 6 miles on it.
Carfax said there were 3 possible matches for that VIN but to verify I would have to pay. What a crock when there is no possible way that was true.

I remember when Carfax first came out and thought it was pretty neat. I don't know if it's still the same now as it was back then.
I thought I would give it a try so I entered the VIN for my wife's car that we had bought brand new fron the dealership with only 6 miles on it.
Carfax said there were 3 possible matches for that VIN but to verify I would have to pay. What a crock when there is no possible way that was true.

I just had to buy a new (to me) truck so I was doing a fair amount of research and found that car fax has a record for each inspection, transport and sale. It's possible your new car had three records, none of which were detrimental, just presented in such away to try to part you with some cash. :).

Earlier this year when we purchased my wife's used car the dealership gave us a copy of the Carfax report. I asked the salesman how accurate they are. He said that they are fairly accurate but the reports are sometimes delayed in getting processed into the system. Still it's better than nothing!

We had a car that had some body work done to it and car fax claimed it had had frame damage. The body shop and the insurance company both swore they did not report any frame damage. This mistake cost us thousands of dollars when we went to trade the car. As accurate as they may be, when they do make mistakes they refuse to correct them.

However......................still pretty nice of a Wisconsinite to offer...................yeesh.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back